Prevent Cat from Peeing on Friend's Clothing

For some reason, when ever I have company over my cat decides to not use the litter box. Instead, he pees on my friends clothing or on the carpet. I guess guests upset him but he is generally a friendly cat. Anyone had this problem?

- Mel

He obviously sees them as an 'invader' and is marking his territory. Have you tried putting him outside, or confining him to one quiet area away from company, when your guests are there? The only other thing I can think of as a last resort may be to get him neutered - although this is a bit extreme and may not work as the behaviour is now entrenched.

Good luck - hope you get some better suggestions!

Regards

Jo

Neutering may help, and if your cat isn't already neutered, HE SHOULD BE! Otherwise, confine him and his litterbox away from guests. He obviously doesn't have good company manners!

Your cat is marking territory, and company clothing counts when it is within the cats original territory. Don't use amonia when cleaning the basic ingredient is cat urine. Certain scents like perfume and bleach will get a cat to react, but since you cannot control that, purchase a squirt gun. It is the easiest way to get your cat to flee the scene, it doesn't hurt them, they just don't like it.

Cat getting into a laundry basket.
Cat Peeing on Clothing
Pets CatsMay 25, 2004
Cat walking on a kitchen counter.
Preventing Your Cat From Peeing in the Kitchen
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄