Cutting a "Fire Log" in Half

Can I cut a "fire log" in half?

Karen from Charleston, SC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I meant to say that we just bang our log while still in the paper against the hard surface of a step outside which loosens it in sections of 3 or 4 then put each section in the brown paper bag.

Best Answer

You can cut in as many pieces as you like. To cut in half leave paper on, then take a hand saw and cut.

What's a fire log?

A firelog is a pre-packed burning log made from waxed wood chips compressed into a log shape to use as a fire starter in your fireplace to aid the starting of regular wood to burn or you can just burn the fir og alone. Yes, you can break it up into pieces to use. I buy the log and bust mine up into 4 pieces and put each piece into a brown sandwich lunch bag and keep until I need to start a fire, which saves money. it only takes a small portion to aid the start of a wood fire using real wood on top of it.

I was using firestarters which were bricks of paraffin and sawdust, same thing as a FireLog. I was breaking them into like sixteen pieces, and I found that doing this when they were warm made it very easy. Then the bricks were pliable like bread dough and totally easy to pull apart.

A wood stove with firelogs in it.
Using Fire Logs
Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 6, 2009
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Gas Log Fireplace
Gas Log Tips
Textured Half Shell Cowl
Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:29:31 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.