Mexican Chicken, Rice, and Beans

This recipe is so easy and tasty. It is a semi-homemade meal that tastes homemade to me.

• 2 bags Knorr Mexican rice
  • Ad
  • 3 to 4 chicken breasts, depending on size
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • oil for sauteing chicken and a little for Mexican rice according to directions
  • cumin
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder

Directions:

Cut chicken breasts into bite sized chunks. Put a couple of tablespoons of oil into skillet and add spices to taste to oil. Stir around till mixed with oil, then dump in the chicken. Saute on medium heat till done, then crank up heat to brown.

Make the rice according to directions, bring to boil, cover, simmer for 7 minutes. Add the black beans when you start the rice, it will be fine in there.

When rice and chicken are both done, combine.

We shred up a little pepper jack cheese over the mixture. We also serve refried beans with this.

Tip: I buy the bags of chicken, I go ahead and cut up and make the entire bag. I use half in the rice, and save the other half for another meal. We have used it in a salad or mixed it with Knorr's Chicken flavored noodles. Feeds 4 people for around 5 bucks.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 to 15 Minutes

By Christi from Columbia, TN

This sounds very good Christi. We'll enjoy trying it out this weekend. We've having company and this is exactly the type of recipe I was hoping to find. I want to serve it with homemade flour tortillas and a big salad of mixed baby greens. I'm getting hungry already now.

Thank you for sharing a great recipe. HokeyPoke

I made this last week, and we loved it! It is versatile. Eat it as a main dish, or put it in a tortilla! It makes a lot, so I put some in the freezer for our kids.

Thanks for sharing this recipe, Christi!

Mexican Chicken
Mexican Chicken Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican Main DishesAugust 3, 2011
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Chicken and Rice on Plate with Salad
Chicken and Rice Recipes
Chicken and Rice Soup
Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes
🎄