Reviews of Moisturizers for Dry Skin

What is the best economical moisturizer to use on very dry skin for women over 50?

By Capitankringle from Ballina NSW

Vaseline will do the job, good luck.

Olive oil! I know - sounds ridiculous, but it works! I use it after drying off from the shower, and it really leaves your skin well hydrated!

Crisco solid is good for any skin problems and olive oil and then washing it off with Dove bar soap is an excellent moisturizer.

Vaseline is petroleum based. I wouldn't use it on my face, but I do use it on my feet. Dollar Store baby oil works well, too. Smooth it on wet skin after your shower and dab skin dry. Don't rub too much because you will remove the baby oil.

Hi, I am also from Australia. I am 61 years old and have used Cetaphil moisturising cream for dry, sensitive skin for the last 2 years. Before this my skin was extremely dry and flakey. It is now soft and doesn't flake any more. Any chemist should sell it. Good luck.

I'm 55 and my doctor recommends Cetaphil cream - which works very well.

But an even better, organic (and much cheaper!) alternative is coconut oil. You can buy a quart tub of it at Walmart for $5-$6. Use a small amount and rub it in well - it will absorb and won't feel greasy at all in a few minutes. It becomes a liquid at about 76 degrees, so don't be surprised at this. You'll be amazed at how much softer and younger your skin will look and feel in just a short while.

I uses AMLACTIN-use to be ONLY available by prescription but is now over the counter. A dime size works for my entire body. A bottle costs about $12 but lasts for 3 months

I mix a bit of water with the lotion and spread over my damp (post shower) body. Has worked for me for years! Also-take showers that are NOT scaldig HOT--this drains natural moisture from yur skin

My husband had really dry skin on his legs and his doctor told him not to go buy anything special just use crisco solid.

I love all of the Neutrogena products. They are tired and tested in a laboratory especially made for the body. I have no other interest in the company except a very satisfied customer. The foot cream is the best ever! I am 65 years old, and have tried many products over the years. Try it!

I have been using Cetaphil cream for years. You only need to use a little. And it can be used anywhere on your body, face, hands, etc.

If you want to go purely natural, then try olive oil, sweet almond oil, or grapeseed oil. Olive and grapeseed are avaialable in the cooking aisle of most grocery stores. Sweet Almond oil is avaialble at some nationwide pharmacies, like CVS, Walgreens, etc.

I am 71 and have great skin, I use St. Ives products, and they are great. It is cheap and wonderful, have tried the expensive ones and always come back to St. Ives.

For those of you with dry skin or not. This is a treatment for your skin that the Italians have used for years. Never to young to start taking care of your skin. I am a 67 year old woman and have no wrinkles, and my skin smooth. Have made this for all my friends and now they are addicted to it....men can use this as well as women.

olive oil

grapeseed, walnut, almond, or any other lighter oil that is natural

victim E oil can be purchased at a health food store.

regular cooking sugar

for fragrance use oil such as peppermint, or any fragrance of your liking

I make this in large batches, but can be made in small one.

put sugar in a large bowl, add enough olive oil to the sugar so that the sugar is well coated and there is a small layer of oil, add the remaining ingredient and mix will..

When you shower, first lather yourself and rinse. Then use the body scrub all over your body scrubbing your feet as well, your neck and face. Rinse off scrub. You will feel the results right away. I use this everyday, natural and non toxic.

I found this, http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar ... son_coming_get_ready_now.html?cat=69 very helpful.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Family and BeautyApril 21, 2009
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Dry Sunburned Skin Remedies
Remedies for Dry Sunburned Skin
hand lotion
Cleaning Lotion Stains on Leather Couch
🎄
🍂