I am looking for a recipe for homemade yellow type squash pickles.
Jodi from Texas
I couldnt find the exact one you were looking for but I did find this one in my recipe box.
Pickled veggie salad
3 med zucchini
3 med yellow summer sqash
1 small red onion
2 med carrots
1 small red bell pepper
1 to 1 1/2 cups grandulated sugar
1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
1 1/2 tbs pickling spice
1. Cut zucchini and yellow sqash into 1/8 inch thick slices. Cut onion into very thin slices.
2. Layer zucchini, squashand onion around inside of corlander. Sprinkle veggies with salt; let stand in colander for about 30 min. Rinse well with cold water; drain veggies thoroughly. Pat the veggies dry with paper towels.
3. Cut carrots into 1/8 inch thick slices. Cut bell pepper into thin strips.
4. Mix vinegar, sugar and pickling spice in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add carrot slices and bell pepper strips; bring to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat; cool mixture to room temperature.
5. Add zucchini squash and onion to carrot mixture.
6. Spoon veggie mixture(including liquid) into washed and sterilized jars. Tightly cover jars and keep in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
I made yellow squash pickles once. They turned out beautifully. Had lots of compliments on them. I simply used a regular Bread & Butter Pickles recipe. Just substituted yellow squash for the cucumbers the recipe called for. Best of Luck!!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!