Magnetic Greeting Card Bookmarks

This is one of the bookmarks I made to go with the less than a dollar new books I picked up on half.com to give as gifts this year.

Approximate Time: Less than 10 minutes each.

• old greeting cards
  • decorative edging shears, like pinking shears
  • Ad
  • magnetic sheet (craft or office store)

Instructions:

Use decorative edging shears to cut off a bookmark size strip from a greeting card. You will leave the card folded, start cutting from the fold, and cut to the opposite end of the card. Try to cut around images so you don't end up with half of something.

Trim around the rest of the bookmark strip with the same scissors to "fancy edge" the whole thing.

Open up the bookmark, cut two small rectangles from your sheet of magnetic material, peel of the backing and stick one to each end of the bookmark so when it is closed the magnets will magnetize themselves together - this is the way the bookmark goes around the book page and holds your place.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Top Comment

we made similar ones when I was a kid, but we laminated two pieces of card together so that there was a front and back pattern...I still use some of these for bookmarks. we punched a hole in the end of some of them and threaded ribbon through for tassels.

I love this idea. Actually, I once paid about $5 for 2 of these type of bookmarkers at a gift shop. I never thought to make them myself. Thank you!

A bookmark made out of wallpaper scraps.
Homemade Bookmarks
Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherDecember 17, 2008
Finished tile trivet project (square format).
Making a Greeting Card Trivet
Greeting cards with bows
Greeting Card Alternatives
round book page bookmark
Making a Book Page Bookmark
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🎉
🎄