Freezing Hollandaise Sauce - Categories:

SaucesFreezing

Freezing Hollandaise Sauce

I like hollandaise sauce, but live alone and end up throwing out most of it. Does anyone have a single recipe or can I freeze the remainder to eat later?

By Debra from St. Cloud, MN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Since you are throwing it out anyway, why don't you try freezing it and let us all know how it works. One thing I would mention, if you do freeze it you will probably need to beat it up well when you heat it. I freeze lots of gravy-types and this is how I treat them. Hope this helps.

I read somewhere that you can freeze it for short periods of time, thaw in fridge, and reheat in a double boiler. I also read that the sauce will be okay for up to a couple of days in the refrigerator if not freezing but to also reheat in a double boiler.

I, too, live alone and here's a really simple recipe calculated for one to two servings depending on how much Hollandaise you want to use on your Benedict, fish or veggies. I use this recipe so I don't have to work too hard for the sauce. ;-)

Blender Hollandaise Sauce

1 egg yolk

1/8 tsp Dijon mustard

1 tsp lemon juice

1 dash Tabasco sauce

2 tbsp and 2 tsp butter

Combine the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce in a blender and blend for about five seconds.

Place the butter in a small glass bowl or a measuring cup. Heat butter in the microwave until completely melted and hot. Set the blender on high speed and pour the butter into the egg yolk mixture in a thin stream. It should thicken almost immediately.

To keep the sauce warm until serving just place the blender container in a pan of hot tap water.

Food and Recipes Freezing SaucesFebruary 24, 2010
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Chopsticks Picking up Piece of Teriyaki Chicken
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
Homemade pizaa sauce.
Pizza Sauce Recipes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 11:31:40 AM on 10.0.1.174 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.