Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food

Spicy food can often result in a burning sensation in your mouth or on your tongue. This is a guide about stopping the burn from spicy food.

January 26, 2006 Flag

If you cook something that is very hot and spicy, I suggest that you serve it with some milk to drink with the meal. Milk products help stop the burn left in your mouth from hot, spicy food. Also, you could have ice cream or something like that for dessert!

By Robin from Washington, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When I ate spicy Indian food, they also served a cucumber and yogurt salad with it. This was a nice contrast, and very cooling. I'll bet any milk product would go well.

Chocolate - just a small piece or two will stop the burn. I usually carry a couple of the little "kisses" with me in case of emergency (some people put hot spices in EVERY thing). Chocolate not only stops the burn in your mouth; but, it prevents heartburn and burning when it "comes out the other end" too.

Read More Comments...
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJune 22, 2012
Woman Burning Calories
Tips for Burning Extra Calories
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
🎉
🎄