Buying a Marble Countertop

Does anyone has a marble counter top in their bathroom? Is it easy to keep up or do you get water spots? Does it have to be resealed yearly? I want to replace our old tile top and I am looking at marble. Is there any other product that works well in a bathroom?

Sandy from Vermont

I have marble counters in my kitchen and on a cupbard in diningroom. I love it and wished I had it a lot earlier. I don't know about the bathroom but why not? It's easy to clean and from the sealer put on when installed my counters do not water spot. I do have a mottled gray, white, and black to fit in with our decor so maybe with a total solid color it might be a problem. Check with you dealer.

Forgot to tell you I've had my marble counters for coming on 6 years and have not had to reseal yet.

We just remodeled our bathrooms last summer and put marble countertops in. We love them. They are very easy to keep clean. The installer said the best thing to clean marble with is simple green. Works like a charm.

Good Lcuk!

several places are discouraging me from purchasing a white marble countertop for my kitchen. i want it because it looks old fashion. all i hear is that is is too soft, will stain, won't last. give me any positive feedback on the marble or any bad experiences you have had. thank you""""

My family has had the same marble countertop in their kitchen in Greece for over 100 years- it is lovely and has aged well

I have marble vanity and bathroom counter tops. I am on this web page looking for advice on how to paint my marble top because they have stains on them. Rust, something purple like a marker and other stains. I have tried everything to get them off. Soaking the spots with Clorox to nail polish remover. Yes it's easy to clean but once you mess it up it's messed up for good.

I've got marble for bathroom counters. Yes, some water spots, but marble has so much more personality and richness that it's worth it. I'm going so far as to , heaven forbid, put it in my kitchen. I'm tired of granite. It has too much movement. Remember the show "Bridget loves Bernie"? One mom said, "old cashmere is better than new orlon". I'd rather have an old stately look than pristine and what everybody else does. Let's go for it!

I've had marble counters in a bathroom and kitchen. Never again! Marble is far too easy to dull, stain, or otherwise ruin the finish. After experience, I prefer to admire it in pictures-- in someone else's house!

Buying a Marble Countertop
Buying a Marble Countertop
Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomFebruary 1, 2006
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Cultured Marble
Finishing the Edge of a Cultured Marble Countertop
A marble spa tub and floor in a beautiful bathroom.
Cleaning a Marble Floor
Closeup of pink marble slab.
Removing Stains from Marble
🎄