Store Vitamins Upside Down

I buy my vitamins and put them in a divider for ease of consumption. However, when I go to the medicine cabinet, I sometimes forget if I have all of them in there, some, etc.

So, being the visual person that I am, I turn the bottles upside down to show that I have used them up.

That way, when I am getting low, I can always put them on my list and get more.

Hope this helps!

By Poor But Proud from Lake Zurich, Ill

My husband always says I go 90 miles an hour. I tried doing this with my meds but forgot whicha way they went. LOL

Good idea if you aren't like me.

Gem

Reply Like this photo? 1

Ha! I recognize the label(s) from the Dollar Tree, yes?

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Being a guy I probably have no business posting here. However, why don't you simply toss the empty containers into the trash can, then order or buy replacements when it's time?

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Don't sweat it, Chuckie. As long as you don't post tips on crocheting baby booties, you'll be fine.

Ouch! Dang, I just sat on my number nine knitting needle.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Do I detect a 'mere male ' comment?

Marg from England.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Great tip! Thanks!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Deeli, this is a great idea. However, since I've "converted" to non-visual clues, a quick shake of the bottle gives me an idea how empty it is. I have a 7-day pill box, so I know how long before I'm completely out. Then I just leave the empty bottle on the kitchen table as a reminder to put vitamins on the shopping list.

And Tomatohanger, I believe the TF family is an equal-opportunity site. I give everyone a hard time, whether they're male or female, lol! (Of course, my own DH takes the brunt of my sassy attitude...)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Somebody, help me to understand. If the vitamins are going to eventually be put on a list for purchasing, why not make that entry on the list when the last pill is taken from the bottle (or better, when you see you are getting low), rather than keeping empty bottles on a shelf?

My ongoing list used to be kept at my desk. By the time I got back to my desk, I had forgotten that I needed to add to the list. Now, I keep an ongoing list in my wallet or cell phone case, so it is always handy....and it's automatically with me when I go shopping.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

My ongoing list used to be kept at my desk. By the time I got back to my desk, I had forgotten that I needed to add to the list. Now, I keep an ongoing list in my wallet or cell phone case, so it is always handy.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I hope this answers the older posts.As for the "guy" it's called ThriftyFun so if you are thrifty, you are welcome. But since you did post, I don't throw plastics into a trashcan. I recycle. And being I don't have a car, I can't just buy when I want to. I never order anything so those two points don't work for me. Plus this was a shared cabinet when I was helping my sister in law when she passed. It was important to keep "guest" things guest.

I shop once a month and it's done. Food, toiletries, craft supplies, and yes, dollar tree stuff. I shop a whole day using my daughters car and then I am done. No more gas, traffic, or stress.

During the month, when I have used up what I need the next month, this keeps me from having a list to lose or find a place on the fridge for. This also keeps me from having stuff on a table where clutter begins and everyone can see what I take when they visit.

Reply Like this photo? Yes