Muffin Tin Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipes
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
January 6, 2013
Read More Comments
These individually sized upside down cakes are so yummy! Made from scratch, but easy to make, you will never need another recipe. :)
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 cakes
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 pineapple rings
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, and pineapple juice. Using a hand mixer, beat for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and beat another 2 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt together butter and brown sugar over low heat. Stir frequently until well combined.
- Spray jumbo muffin pan with non-stick spray. Then spoon brown sugar mixture evenly into the bottom of each section. (Approx. 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. each.)
- Place a pineapple ring into each section, pressing gently to fit. Then add a cherry to the center of each ring.
NOTE: If you only have a standard sized muffin tin, try using pineapple tidbits or trim the rings to fit.
- Pour batter, evenly divided, into each section. (Approx. 1/3 cup each.)
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then loosen with a butter knife along the edges.
- Place a piece of waxed paper or a cookie sheet on the counter, to catch any drips. Then invert the muffin tin onto a wire rack. Enjoy!
These individually sized upside down cakes are so yummy!Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.