Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes

These individually sized upside down cakes are so yummy! Made from scratch, but easy to make, you will never need another recipe. :)

Total Time: 35 minutes

Yield: 6 cakes

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, and pineapple juice. Using a hand mixer, beat for 2 minutes.
  3. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
  4. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and beat another 2 minutes.
  5. In a small saucepan, melt together butter and brown sugar over low heat. Stir frequently until well combined.
  6. Spray jumbo muffin pan with non-stick spray. Then spoon brown sugar mixture evenly into the bottom of each section. (Approx. 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. each.)
  7. Place a pineapple ring into each section, pressing gently to fit. Then add a cherry to the center of each ring.

NOTE: If you only have a standard sized muffin tin, try using pineapple tidbits or trim the rings to fit.
  8. Pour batter, evenly divided, into each section. (Approx. 1/3 cup each.)
  9. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then loosen with a butter knife along the edges.
  10. Place a piece of waxed paper or a cookie sheet on the counter, to catch any drips. Then invert the muffin tin onto a wire rack. Enjoy!

Excellent photos! Thanks for the idea. I just happen to have everything I need for some so I am off to the kitchen!
PBP

I just wanted to tell you that I have the identical green mixing bowl that you used in the mini pineapple cake recipe. It was my grandmother's, although I'm not sure how she got it. I also have a matching green round bowl. This is the first time I've ever seen the same bowl, and I don't know anyone who owns one! How did you acquire yours?

I can't remember how I ended up with that bowl, but I have had it a long time. I absolutely love it! :)

Can you make these in a 12 count cupcake pan?

This looks absolutely scrumptious! The only thing that I would do different is instead of pineapple Rings I use Crushed pineapple, cause I'm crazy about pineapple!HaHa!

My mouth is so watering right now!!!

I tried it and they were a hit

Anonymous

Doubled all ingredients and used one 20 oz can crushed pineapple. 8 tbsp. = 1/2 cup for pineapple juice. Made 1 1/2 dozen; cook for 25-28 mins.

a printer friendly version would be helpful

Here is a link to the printable version:

www2.thriftyfun.com/.../print_post.lasso?tf_index=tf88368216...

To get to it on any of our posts, look for the "Print" button under the title.