Banana Upside Down Cake Recipes
Enjoy bananas in a delicious cake. This page contains banana upside down cake recipes
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
Read More Comments
Delicious new upside down cake that you'll want to try!
Source: online recipes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 bananas sliced 1/4 inch think
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter - divided
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 2 (8 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- With electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and sour cream on low until well blended. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Place banana slices evenly on the bottom of the two cake pans.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add brown sugar and lemon juice and heat until dissolved. Pour half of the brown sugar mixture into each cake pan over the bananas. Sprinkle coconut over the brown sugar sauce.
- Pour cake batter on top of the coconut into the two pans, dividing equally.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plates and slice to serve.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
Does anyone have a banana upside down cake recipe?
By Faye Dutkiewicz from Manitoba, Canada
November 25, 20090 found this helpful
Wouldn't you just butter a pan very well with real butter, put down some brown sugar, slice your bananas and top with any cake batter you liked, most likely yellow cake of some type? Cook as directed?
Answer this Question...
November 29, 20090 found this helpful
I do it just like pineapple upside down cake only with bananas instead. Sometimes I add bananas and mandarin oranges along with pineapple for a tropical upside down cake.
The bananas taste just like baby food bananas and are awesome!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.