Use Baby Powder for a Fresh Carpet

Use Baby Powder in place of Carpet Fresh. Be careful not to use Carpet Fresh for baby. Your house and carpet will smell fresh and clean.

By Anne from Nevada

I would not recomend for people with respitory problems. As a person with asthma and COPD any powder {among a whole list of other things} sends me into spasms and needing my inhaler.

Baking soda has always been what I used until I had to tear all the carpet out of the house.

I think it sounds like a good idea, but talc is made from talc stones, & it is not recommended for anyone to breath in.

I didn't realize that 'anything powder' is bad for people so just did some research. It makes sense now because even indoor/outdoor dust particles can cause lung damage.

It is safe to use baby powder if lightly sprinkled and not 'squeezed' out of the container where the air from the bottle makes it 'airborne'. It is the airborne particles that reach the lungs that can cause the damage. So, if you use baby powder, carpet fresh, dry laundry soap and 'even cooking flour to bake', etc. just be careful.

Personally, I like your choice of using baby powder. I have lung issues from living in the L.A. smog from my early teens through my thirties and I'll tell you that safely applied baby powder vacuumed up right away scares me a lot less than Carpet Fresh or a visit home to L.A. Thanks for the tip and I thought your humor about not using Carpet Fresh on baby was cute :-)

Please be careful & concerned about using "baby powder" (for anything, really). Many brands of baby powder contain cornstarch. Cornstarch is highly flammable! A carpet filled, over time (NO vacuum is going to get all that fine dust back out once put in), with a potentially highly flammable product would be a disaster if there were a house fire.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsSeptember 17, 2008
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
🎄