Repairing a Hole in a Leather Couch

By Bill 1

My wife's dog ate the corner of my leather couch. It is 8 in. x 4 in.. Is there anywhere that sells corner covers or something like that? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the couch?

By Baughman from Indianola, IA

Showing: Answers Sort

By April 187 452 Flag

In the malls the leather stores may be able to help. There is a putty you can buy, spread and it will dry-but I think it is for small holes. Find a shoe repair store, or an Amish leather repair person, or one who does work on saddles and horse harness'. They would be able to repair or sell you dye to match leather.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Dena Roberts 35 491 Flag

Call a furniture re-upholstery place and ask what it will cost to recover just that section. It's not terribly expensive, and get YOUR dog a hard rubber cong toy to chew on (my husband brought a dog into our marriage...it destroyed everything! But it is still our dog, "love me love my dog"...accept it and move on!) And have a happy and long marriage.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Dena Roberts 35 491 Flag

P.S."MY leather couch"...sounds like you guys are room mates NOT husband and wife.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By DD 1 Flag

Not sure if you fixed the hole yet, but I just found this product that is a patch for leather and other fabrics. I used it to cover a hole I tried to repair with one of those paint on repair kits (what a mess). Have a look, the site is http://www.mastaplasta.com/repair-y ... ather-sofa-not-sure-where-to-start/. Good Luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Old leather sofa
Repairing a Cut in Leather
Previous
Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasApril 14, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Old leather Couch with missing button
Repairing a Leather Couch
Old leather sofa
Repairing a Cut in Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 9:32:00 PM on 10.0.2.127 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings