Repairing a Hole in a Leather Couch

My wife's dog ate the corner of my leather couch. It is 8 in. x 4 in.. Is there anywhere that sells corner covers or something like that? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the couch?

By Baughman from Indianola, IA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

In the malls the leather stores may be able to help. There is a putty you can buy, spread and it will dry-but I think it is for small holes. Find a shoe repair store, or an Amish leather repair person, or one who does work on saddles and horse harness'. They would be able to repair or sell you dye to match leather.

Call a furniture re-upholstery place and ask what it will cost to recover just that section. It's not terribly expensive, and get YOUR dog a hard rubber cong toy to chew on (my husband brought a dog into our marriage...it destroyed everything! But it is still our dog, "love me love my dog"...accept it and move on!) And have a happy and long marriage.

P.S."MY leather couch"...sounds like you guys are room mates NOT husband and wife.

Not sure if you fixed the hole yet, but I just found this product that is a patch for leather and other fabrics. I used it to cover a hole I tried to repair with one of those paint on repair kits (what a mess). Have a look, the site is http://www.mastaplasta.com/repair-y ... ather-sofa-not-sure-where-to-start/. Good Luck!

Answer

Old leather sofa
Repairing a Cut in Leather
Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasApril 14, 2009
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 6:20:09 PM on 10.0.0.6 in 914 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.