Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Repairing a Hole in a Leather Couch

My wife's dog ate the corner of my leather couch. It is 8 in. x 4 in.. Is there anywhere that sells corner covers or something like that? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the couch?

By Baughman from Indianola, IA

By DD01/30/2010

Not sure if you fixed the hole yet, but I just found this product that is a patch for leather and other fabrics. I used it to cover a hole I tried to repair with one of those paint on repair kits (what a mess). Have a look, the site is http://www.mastaplasta.com/repair-y ... ather-sofa-not-sure-where-to-start/. Good Luck!

By Dena Roberts [31]04/16/2009

P.S."MY leather couch"...sounds like you guys are room mates NOT husband and wife.

By Dena Roberts [31]04/16/2009

Call a furniture re-upholstery place and ask what it will cost to recover just that section. It's not terribly expensive, and get YOUR dog a hard rubber cong toy to chew on (my husband brought a dog into our marriage...it destroyed everything! But it is still our dog, "love me love my dog"...accept it and move on!) And have a happy and long marriage.

By April [170]04/14/2009

In the malls the leather stores may be able to help. There is a putty you can buy, spread and it will dry-but I think it is for small holes. Find a shoe repair store, or an Amish leather repair person, or one who does work on saddles and horse harness'. They would be able to repair or sell you dye to match leather.