My Cat Has a "Wart" or "Mole"

My 7 year old cat has developed a wart/mole just below your ear, like on the side of her face. It sticks out, is wiggly and doesn't seem to bother her. It just popped up overnight! Anybody ever seen something like this?

Tarva from TN

That actually sounds like a tick! If you're squeamish, have a vet, or someone who is used to dealing with ticks check it. It is nothing to be alarmed about, and will drop off eventually on its own (but that's gross!); but get someone to check it for you, if you are not familiar with ticks. (You probably don't have to worry about Lyme disease--if it is that easy to see, it is too big to be a deer tick, which are responsible for Lyme disease transmission. They're only the size of a sesame seed when full.)

No, it's not a tick. I have a dog also, so I know about picking off ticks!! EEKK!

My beagle has one of those on his face. Its on the part of his lip that hangs down (beagle) where his mouth opens. He has had it for some time now. The vet is not concerned about it- unless it starts to bother him. It is black-my sister in law called it his "beauty mark." It is wiggly and kind of rubbery feeling. It has grown since he is older (12 yo), but it doesn't bother him.

Could it be a tick?

It could be an abcess if it popped up overnight. If so, if it keeps getting bigger, you might want to take him to the vet to have it lanced.

Pets HealthJune 4, 2006
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Facial Wart
Facial Wart Remedies
removing a wart
Removing a Wart
🎄