Asking a Guy to Winter Formal

Winter Formal is coming up and you are struggling to come up with a clever way to ask a guy to go. This is a guide about asking a guy to a Winter Formal.

September 27, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about asking your boyfriend to a dance. Asking your boyfriend to a dance can be really fun if you come up with some creative invitation ideas.

Red bowtie on a satin background

November 7, 2011 Flag

How do I answer back to a girl that asked me to go to winter formal?

By Jacob J.

Best Answer

Thank you for asking, I would love to go.

Best Answer

Politely. Yes, thank you for asking me. Just remember, it takes a lot of courage to ask someone out. They face rejection from someone they like. So, if you already have plans, or care not to go with her, gently say no. Just remember, one day you will be asking someone to go with you somewhere, how would you like to be treated if her answer was no.

Ask yourself, do you want to go but not with her? Then tell her you have ideas already and no thanks.

October 19, 2015 Flag

I've liked this guy for a really long time and we have had a couple classes together over the years, but we don't really get the chance to talk that much. We've had short conversations a couple times and now he always says hi to me in the halls (no class this year together). I wanna ask him to winter formal, but it's hard because we hang out with a completly different group of people. How should I ask him without making him feel awkward?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I think a simple approach is the best. He always says "hi" in the school halls so he clearly wants to keep in contact with you.

Have a great time!

October 21, 2013 Flag

There is this guy from a different school that I would like to ask to winter formal at my school, but I'm not sure if it would be something he would think was normal. I've talked to him a couple of times and we know each other. I got the feeling that he had a crush on me the last time I saw him. I don't know if I should ask him? and how should I ask him?

By Apple K.

Best Answer

Since you know him, you can just casually tell him the Formal is coming up and you need a date and you think it would be fun if he went with you. He may just say yes. If not don't think he isn't interested, guys this age can be shy about such things.

Look I have the same problem as you. I too have a friend that goes to another school and the winter formal is coming up next month. So far what I'm been doing is trying to come up with a idea to ask him (where, when, etc.). I am very nervous but I don't need to be, neither should you. What you should do is when you ask him make sure you a confident and smile when you ask him ( boys can tell when you are nervous and can react to that). If he says no go to plan B. Go with some friends or find another guy. I hope this helps you someway.

November 6, 2014 Flag

My school is having a winter formal at my school and it's girls ask guys. I want to ask my boyfriend to go with me in a fun and cute way. It's in about a month and I know he'll say yes, but I wanna make it a nice surprise. He has no idea about it either and he goes to another school. Any ideas? :)

By Michelle B

Best Answer

Take a piece of paper asking him to winter formal and have the paper eliminated. Put the paper in a bucket of water then freeze it. Have him melt/break the ice to see what the message says.

September 29, 2011 Flag

I'm dating a guy from a rival school and he is a head football player. We are seniors this year and it's our last dance before he goes to basic. So I want it to be very special. He is always super spontaneous and creative. For example, when he asked me to be his girlfriend it was the Fourth of July last year and we went down town on an old railroad bridge and watched fireworks. It was perfect. I want to wow him like he did me, by being super creative and maybe incorporating football into the plan somehow since he likes it so much. Any good ideas?

By Kori

Best Answer

One doesn't take anyone for granted. Asking is still a courtesy, but don't beat around too many bushes or he'll get confused.

Why can't you just ask him? I assume you are going steady, therefore it should be taken for granted that if you plan on going to the dance, he would be your date. Anyway that is the way it used to be. Maybe times have changed. I don't understand why people now think things have to be done in cute, unusual way or with a theme.

I should also say, I wonder if your school has a policy against students from other schools attending dances. When I was in school, that was standard policy.

November 21, 2011 Flag

I'm asking one of my guy friends to our winter formal this year. I just want it to be creative because we're only going as friends. Any ideas?

By Ali P. from Seattle, WA

Best Answer

"Hey! I want to go to winter formal, not alone of course, so come with me maybe?"

November 19, 2011 Flag

I'm writing a letter for my yearbook, saying my creative way of asking my boyfriend to winter formal, and I have no super creative ways of asking him. Help!

By Aubrey from McMinnville

Best Answer

Wouldn't it be taken for granted, if he is a steady boyfriend, that if you were going to the dance, he would be going too? That is the way any relationship that I know of works. Talk about attending the dance, maybe that you are wondering what to wear, and see what he replies.

December 27, 2007 Flag

I need a really cute and creative way to ask a guy to a winter dance. Got any ideas?

Lauren from Denver, CO

Best Answer

Here are a couple that me and my friends did

-trash his front porch with a sign in the middle saying Winter formal? with (your name)

-get a pizza and write on the front of the box "i know this is cheesey but winter formal" and on the inside write with your name

-if his house has windows on the front put a huge sing so everyone can see

-make a mix cd

-bake a cake and put it on his porch

Hope these help!

i think an adorable way is writing on his driveway or if your school does like a class discussion like "fishbowl" then you could write out the question and pass it to the teacher and she reads it outloud. another cute way is putting letters on his locker. good luck:)

October 19, 2013 Flag

This is our winter formal where girls ask guys! How should I ask a good friend who does rodeo to it, in a cute way?

By Hailee

If he is a good friend, why can't you just ask him? I don't understand why people think everything has to done in a cute way.

October 15, 2009 Flag

December 27, 2007 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

March 12, 2007 Flag
Holidays and Parties Parties School DancesFebruary 1, 2013
Boy and shy girl standing by lockers.
Asking a Guy to a Dance
A girl with her prom date.
Asking a Guy to Prom
Girl in prom dress kissing boy in suit on the cheek
Asking a Guy to a Formal Dance
female hand shaving legs
Asking Your Parents to Let You Shave
🎄
🍂