Asking a Guy to Winter Formal

Winter Formal is coming up and you are struggling to come up with a clever way to ask a guy to go. This is a guide about asking a guy to a Winter Formal.

Girl waiting for her date to a dance.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I've liked this guy for a really long time and we have had a couple classes together over the years, but we don't really get the chance to talk that much. We've had short conversations a couple times and now he always says hi to me in the halls (no class this year together). I wanna ask him to winter formal, but it's hard because we hang out with a completly different group of people. How should I ask him without making him feel awkward?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think a simple approach is the best. He always says "hi" in the school halls so he clearly wants to keep in contact with you.

Have a great time!

How do I answer back to a girl that asked me to go to winter formal?

By Jacob J.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Politely. Yes, thank you for asking me. Just remember, it takes a lot of courage to ask someone out. They face rejection from someone they like. So, if you already have plans, or care not to go with her, gently say no. Just remember, one day you will be asking someone to go with you somewhere, how would you like to be treated if her answer was no.

Read More Answers...

There is this guy from a different school that I would like to ask to winter formal at my school, but I'm not sure if it would be something he would think was normal. I've talked to him a couple of times and we know each other. I got the feeling that he had a crush on me the last time I saw him. I don't know if I should ask him? and how should I ask him?

By Apple K.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Look I have the same problem as you. I too have a friend that goes to another school and the winter formal is coming up next month. So far what I'm been doing is trying to come up with a idea to ask him (where, when, etc.). I am very nervous but I don't need to be, neither should you. What you should do is when you ask him make sure you a confident and smile when you ask him ( boys can tell when you are nervous and can react to that). If he says no go to plan B. Go with some friends or find another guy. I hope this helps you someway.

Read More Answers...

So there is this boy that I have liked since last year when I was a freshman. We have a winter dance soon called the Football Ball and the cheerleaders hold it. Can you help me come up with some cute ideas to ask him to the dance? Thank you.

By SaraJean from Casper, WY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is what I did last year, I asked him through telephone. This year, I am planning to do a flashmob with some friends! Also, getting some baseballs, and writing "will you go to Sadies with me?". What should I do with the number 22 because he plays football and baseball. 22 is his football number!

Read More Answers...

I'm dating a guy from a rival school and he is a head football player. We are seniors this year and it's our last dance before he goes to basic. So I want it to be very special. He is always super spontaneous and creative. For example, when he asked me to be his girlfriend it was the Fourth of July last year and we went down town on an old railroad bridge and watched fireworks. It was perfect. I want to wow him like he did me, by being super creative and maybe incorporating football into the plan somehow since he likes it so much. Any good ideas?

By Kori

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

One doesn't take anyone for granted. Asking is still a courtesy, but don't beat around too many bushes or he'll get confused.

Read More Answers...

I'm asking one of my guy friends to our winter formal this year. I just want it to be creative because we're only going as friends. Any ideas?

By Ali P. from Seattle, WA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

"Hey! I want to go to winter formal, not alone of course, so come with me maybe?"

I'm writing a letter for my yearbook, saying my creative way of asking my boyfriend to winter formal, and I have no super creative ways of asking him. Help!

By Aubrey from McMinnville

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Wouldn't it be taken for granted, if he is a steady boyfriend, that if you were going to the dance, he would be going too? That is the way any relationship that I know of works. Talk about attending the dance, maybe that you are wondering what to wear, and see what he replies.

I need a really cute and creative way to ask a guy to a winter dance. Got any ideas?

Lauren from Denver, CO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here are a couple that me and my friends did

-trash his front porch with a sign in the middle saying Winter formal? with (your name)

-get a pizza and write on the front of the box "i know this is cheesey but winter formal" and on the inside write with your name

-if his house has windows on the front put a huge sing so everyone can see

-make a mix cd

-bake a cake and put it on his porch

Hope these help!

Read More Answers...

Lauren from Denver, CO

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Can you cook at all? Why don't you bake him some cookies or make some fudge? And tell him you made these for him because he's a sweet person, that will make him feel special, and all guys love food, then you could ask him. (12/29/2007)

By crazylady4christ2007

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I think it would be cute to ask a girl to winter formal by getting some friends (guys) together and having them do karaoke to a dance song. The last person to sing should be the one asking and should be carrying flowers. It should be performed during lunch or something in front of everybody to make the girl feel special. (01/11/2008)

By ChaCha

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I wanted a way to ask a guy to turnabout that I was just friends with. So I put Depends, like the diaper, all over his car and wrote in car window paint "I'm depending on you to go to turnabout with me." He thought it was really funny and loved it! (01/22/2008)

By anonymous

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Okay, really cute idea. Make him a shirt with "winter formal?" on the front and write a bunch of names in washable marker on the back but write YOURS in permanent marker, and attach a note that says, "Wash me to find out who asked you" ;). Then when he washes it yours will be the only one left on the back. (01/23/2008)

By shelby

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

It took me a while to think of my idea. But what I did was I brought a cookie cake and asked them to put "turn about with (my name)" then I asked for a cake box big enough for the cookie cake. I brought a jar of icing and covered the whole thing (even the cover for the cookie cake). Decorate the whole thing so it looks like a cake. Once he went in to cut it, he noticed he was cutting into plastic. So he wiped all the frosting to read what it said. It totally made his day. (01/25/2008)

By Twain

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

One of my team mates on the swim team told me of how she asked a friend to Snowball (it's not the prom, but it's still a formal dance). She had been a nominee for Snowball royalty. After her description was read by an announcer during a pep rally, there was a message left at the bottom of the notes. "_ doesn't have a date to Snowball. Chris, will you go with me?" and he accepted in front of the whole school. (02/08/2008)

By Katie

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Make a spinner game wheel, like wheel of fortune, and put "who's asking __ to sadie hawkins?" in the middle and then all around the wheel put your name in different ways (emma, em, e-mac...) so every time he spins the wheel, he will land on your name! (02/25/2008)

By emma

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Have a teacher or someone write him a slip telling him to go to the principal's office. When he gets there he'll think he's in trouble, but then you will be there with balloons or flowers or something and ask him to go to TWIRPS with you. (09/30/2008)

By anonymous

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

So I just got asked to homecoming and the way he did it was really cute and I'm sure you could use it. There was a poster that read Hey "name" Just you wait and see if you can find the key, inside the treasure chest "Name of Dance" will be the best!

He then got one big tool box with a lock on it and a huge bucket of keys and I had to find the key that went to the tool box, then I opened it and inside was another box and a whole another set of keys and after I opened the 2nd box his name was inside written on a paper key. He also threw in a whole bunch of candy, it was adorable! (10/12/2008)

By Kelsey

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Last year for winter formal I made a snowman out of that foam paper and put a hat, eyes, nose, etc. on it. On the snowman's stomach I put this poem, "let it snow, let it snow, please say you'll go winter formal with ________." It was so sweet, he wrote me a poem back the next day saying that he would love to go! (12/06/2008)

By shopgirl

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I am in the same boat as you. I was thinking of putting like 600 snowflakes around one of his classes, and on a big snowflake, I would write, "Winter Formal is just around the corner, and so is the girl who wants to go with you." Then I would have him follow either snowflakes or arrows down the hall and of course, around a corner. I would be standing there and then would ask him. (12/27/2008)

By Alyssa

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Next year for turnabout I'll ask my date by buying a beta or gold fish and putting a note on the inside (laminated) saying, "there's plenty of fish in the sea but I want you to be mine. Turnabout?" (01/02/2009)

By Manon

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I made a HUGE batch of Jello like a big cooking bowl. Then when it was firm I flipped it out onto a plate and wrote "Will you Wiggle with me" on it. It was cute and we ate it! (01/24/2009)

By Emily.

Asking a Guy To Turnabout

Lucky Charms: Give him a box of lucky charms with a note inside saying "Since you're so charming, would I be lucky enough to accompany you to Turnabout?"

Duck tape: I wrote a note asking this guy to turnabout and put it in a box. The note said "unwrapping this box is like unwrapping your heart. Turnabout?" I wrapped the box in duck tape about 20 times. (01/24/2009)

By becourageous

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Be careful with the t-shirt idea. It is a really good idea, but last year I used it and the permanent marker bled through. So he kinda knew who it was before he washed the shirt. (01/28/2009)

By yo

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I asked my boyfriend last year in a really cute way. His favorite place to eat is Chipotle so I took him there just to get something to eat, and I asked the manager if I could hang a sign that I made on the menu so that when he looked up he would see it. The sign said;

"A taco or burrito, which one will it be?
    It doesn't really matter, it's all the same to me.
    A night of dancing and a night of fun..
    How about Turnabout with your only one?" (02/04/2009)

By Sarah

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
    CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Holidays and Parties Parties School DancesFebruary 1, 2013
    Boy and shy girl standing by lockers.
    Ideas for Asking a Guy to a Dance
    A girl with her prom date.
    Asking a Guy to Prom
    Couple Going to Homecoming
    Asking a Boy to Homecoming
    female hand shaving legs
    Asking Your Parents to Let You Shave
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 3, 2016 at 5:24:54 PM on 10.0.2.197 in 490 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.