Asking a Guy to Winter Formal

Winter Formal is coming up and you are struggling to come up with a clever way to ask a guy to go. This is a guide about asking a guy to a Winter Formal.

Girl waiting for her date to a dance.
Filter Sort

Question: Responding to an Invitation to Winter Formal

How do I answer back to a girl that asked me to go to winter formal?

By Jacob J.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Krista Shackleford 3 80 Flag

Politely. Yes, thank you for asking me. Just remember, it takes a lot of courage to ask someone out. They face rejection from someone they like. So, if you already have plans, or care not to go with her, gently say no. Just remember, one day you will be asking someone to go with you somewhere, how would you like to be treated if her answer was no.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Guy to a Formal Dance

By SaraJean 1

So there is this boy that I have liked since last year when I was a freshman. We have a winter dance soon called the Football Ball and the cheerleaders hold it. Can you help me come up with some cute ideas to ask him to the dance? Thank you.

By SaraJean from Casper, WY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By girley23bc 1 Flag

Here is what I did last year, I asked him through telephone. This year, I am planning to do a flashmob with some friends! Also, getting some baseballs, and writing "will you go to Sadies with me?". What should I do with the number 22 because he plays football and baseball. 22 is his football number!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking Boyfriend to Winter Formal

I'm dating a guy from a rival school and he is a head football player. We are seniors this year and it's our last dance before he goes to basic. So I want it to be very special. He is always super spontaneous and creative. For example, when he asked me to be his girlfriend it was the Fourth of July last year and we went down town on an old railroad bridge and watched fireworks. It was perfect. I want to wow him like he did me, by being super creative and maybe incorporating football into the plan somehow since he likes it so much. Any good ideas?

By Kori

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By joan 7 141 Flag

One doesn't take anyone for granted. Asking is still a courtesy, but don't beat around too many bushes or he'll get confused.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Guy to Winter Formal

There is this guy from a different school that I would like to ask to winter formal at my school, but I'm not sure if it would be something he would think was normal. I've talked to him a couple of times and we know each other. I got the feeling that he had a crush on me the last time I saw him. I don't know if I should ask him? and how should I ask him?

By Apple K.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By 849mjb30 1 1 Flag

Look I have the same problem as you. I too have a friend that goes to another school and the winter formal is coming up next month. So far what I'm been doing is trying to come up with a idea to ask him (where, when, etc.). I am very nervous but I don't need to be, neither should you. What you should do is when you ask him make sure you a confident and smile when you ask him ( boys can tell when you are nervous and can react to that). If he says no go to plan B. Go with some friends or find another guy. I hope this helps you someway.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Friend to Winter Formal

By Bethie 1

I'm asking one of my guy friends to our winter formal this year. I just want it to be creative because we're only going as friends. Any ideas?

By Ali P. from Seattle, WA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Jane:) 1 Flag

"Hey! I want to go to winter formal, not alone of course, so come with me maybe?"

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

By Miss Bella 1

I need a really cute and creative way to ask a guy to a winter dance. Got any ideas?

Lauren from Denver, CO

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By rachel 3 1 Flag

Here are a couple that me and my friends did

-trash his front porch with a sign in the middle saying Winter formal? with (your name)

-get a pizza and write on the front of the box "i know this is cheesey but winter formal" and on the inside write with your name

-if his house has windows on the front put a huge sing so everyone can see

-make a mix cd

-bake a cake and put it on his porch

Hope these help!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Boy to Winter Formal

By Izzy H. 1

I've liked this guy for a really long time and we have had a couple classes together over the years, but we don't really get the chance to talk that much. We've had short conversations a couple times and now he always says hi to me in the halls (no class this year together). I wanna ask him to winter formal, but it's hard because we hang out with a completly different group of people. How should I ask him without making him feel awkward?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

I think a simple approach is the best. He always says "hi" in the school halls so he clearly wants to keep in contact with you.

Have a great time!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

I'm writing a letter for my yearbook, saying my creative way of asking my boyfriend to winter formal, and I have no super creative ways of asking him. Help!

By Aubrey from McMinnville

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Joan B. 2 386 Flag

Wouldn't it be taken for granted, if he is a steady boyfriend, that if you were going to the dance, he would be going too? That is the way any relationship that I know of works. Talk about attending the dance, maybe that you are wondering what to wear, and see what he replies.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Lauren from Denver, CO

Answers:

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I have done a few cute way. The first one, I took a bunch of circles (get help to cute them out all sizes) scatter them ALL over his room with a sign that says I would love to be spotted at 'The Winter Formal' with you on (the date). The second one, I took a whole bunch of balls, I mean A LOT, like pool ones, bouncy ones and little baseballs ALL kinds. About 100 or more in all sizes. I left petals leading to his room and had the sign written in neon saying OPEN on the closet. His lights were off and his black light was on. He opened his closet and I had set the balls up to fall everywhere. Under them all there was a sign saying I would have a BALL if you would ROLL with me to Sadies. He loved it. Then the last one, I took that really long fuzzy red Christmas ribbon and tied it to his truck in the drive way and wrote on his truck GO INSIDE FOLLOW THE RED RIBBON. Inside there was a maze through the dining room to his room, at the end of it there was a heart saying 'Sadies?' and there was a sign on the bed with suckers everywhere saying "Hey toots, don't be a sucker, go to Sadies with me 'cuz if you don't that will blow!" I used all kinds of suckers and Blow pops and Tootsie pops. (12/11/2006)

By felicia

Asking a guy to prom

Get a little toy dump truck or some construction truck and put cinnamon buns on the back. Put it in his classroom, bedroom, etc with a sign that says "I'd love to haul your buns to prom!" Thats by far my favorite idea ever.

(03/29/2007)

By Amanda

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

My friend got ask to winter formal by her boyfriend... but i gave her boyfriend the idea. It was to get a box, get 3 pink (helium inflated) balloons and draw a pig on each one of them, put them in the box and then put a piece of cardboard over them and then have a note on the top of the cardboard that says "Will you go to Winter Formal with me as soon as pigs fly?" Then they will read the note and then lift up the cardboard and the balloons fly out ... and pigs have flown.
    (07/09/2007)

By Blanca

asking to him to prom

This is how I asked my boyfriend to prom. I told him I had to work, so I would be out all day until later on at night around 7pm, when it gets dark. I told him I would call him when I was done. So I did and I told him I needed to talk to him about something important. Our favorite place to go is the beach, so I brought him there and there was rose petals leading us to the beach to our spot. I told him to close his eyes and told him not to peek because I had a surprise for him. I brought him to our spot and there were candles that spelled "PROM?" He said yes. I also had a picnic set up to for us to eat. It was so romantic. he loved it. It's the thought that counts right. (07/17/2007)

By anonnymous

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I asked this guy that I had been talking to. I went to his house after school with two of his friends and on his bed we put a poster that said "Every princess needs a prince, so will you be mine for formal?" There was a tiara on a pillow with the poster just to complete the scene. Then the next day when we got to school he had a cake made for me saying "Yes, I'll be your prince." Totally adorable. And may I add the best night of my life. (09/22/2007)

By Carissa

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Well, my friend loves Taco Bell, so I had bought him 3 big burritos and spelled 'Formal?' really big
    on them with sour cream! (09/26/2007)

By justagirl

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Last year for our Sadie Hawkins two of my friends and I asked our dates (good friends and a boyfriend) by making them cookies and writing "S-A-D-I-E" on them the guys loved them! (10/13/2007)

By Michaela

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

My cousin once had to ask a guy to the Sadie's dance at her school. How she did it was really cute. On the computer she typed a note that said "I know this is cheesy, but will you go to Sadie's with me?". Then she went and bought a medium cheese pizza and taped the note on the inside of the box, so that when he opened it he would see the note (before the pizza) and give his answer. It worked for her! (10/19/2007)

By alexis

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

It was a really cold night and there was snow everywhere. My guy friend called me and told me to look out the window. When I did there were candles lit in the shape of a heart and he was in the middle holding a sign saying "It would melt my heart away if you didn't go to winter formal with me." (11/14/2007)

By jayne

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I had a friend do something quite cute to ask a guy she liked to winter formal. She got a box (a decorated box or a tin can decorated with a winter scene). Fill it with Life Savers and Jolly Ranchers. She had a card that said: "You'd be a LIFE SAVER if you go to ____ with me! We'll have a JOLLY good time!" I know it may sound dumb but I thought it was really cute. The guy also appreciated and loved it! (11/15/2007)

By cinthyacg91

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I asked the guy by decorating his room by putting balloons all over. I got a big black poster, put glow in the dark stars on it spelling "Formal?" and wrote a note on a star-shaped paper that said "star light star bright, make a wish, turn off the lights". Then the rest was written in glow in the dark, so he could read it in the dark. It said "I wish I may, I wish I might, have my wish on formal night." It was pretty cute.

Sophomore year I asked by getting a huge box, wrapped it completely in pink wrapping paper with a big black & silver bow on it. I drew pig faces on pink balloons filled with helium. Then on the top of the box I left a note that said "If pigs could fly...would you go to formal with me?" When he opened the box pigs flew! this one was cuter! (12/14/2007)

By Cheyanne

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

This year's homecoming dance this guy asked me. It was the most adorable thing EVER, it was just like a movie scene!
    He went to my house at night, parked in the dark and knocked on my door. I opened it, didn't see anyone and closed it. He knocked again. This time there was a huge block of ice and a hammer right next to it. He yelled: "SMACK THE ICE!" and so I did. After smacking it like three times the block broke and there was a note inside saying: "Now that you have broken the ice, will you go to homecoming with me?". it was the cutest thing ever, i almost cried! HAHAHAHA. :)

(12/17/2007)

By intercambista

Archive: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Fingernails

you can paint your nails with the guys name then "SADIE" on the other hand

By meagan

Balloon Surprise

So my freshman year, this guy asked me in the cutest way. In each class, I got a random balloon and in the upcoming class, I got a bigger one and had to carry them around school. Then afterwards, I still didn't know who was asking me so I went to practice and there was no one there. Then this guy ran by me and ran in to the storage room and came out with 5 guys screaming and yelling and one gave me flowers and then ran past me the other direction. When I turned around, there was the guy with a sign that said "Will you go to Homecoming with me?" it was so cute!

By JUST helping those who need help

Puzzle

i just asked my guy friend the other day. I took a blank puzzle, and wrote "Will you go to winter formal with me?" and then my name under it. Then I had various people hand him some pieces during each class, and hid one in his notebook, and one in his violin case, etc ,etc. Finally he had the entire puzzle, except for my name. I found him in the hallway after school and gave him the pieces with my name, so he could finally fit it together. it was super cute : )

By kayla

You make a poster and write something fun on it and then you cut it up into a puzzle and put in a brown bag and give it to the boy. I said "Roses are Red and Violets are blue, I would love it if I could go to Sadies with you."

Ask On A T-Shirt

What I'm thinking about doing is getting a big box and then a t-shirt then I'll use those iron on letters and spell out his name on the back with a ... Then on the other side, spell out "Turnabout?" Then you can either get into the box and close it up or put the box over you and have it sitting on his porch. Have one of your friends ring the doorbell and make sure his name is on the box and say something on it like "Open right away" so he'll answer the door and see the box. When he opens it, he will see you with his name on the back of your shirt and then turn around and say "Will you go to Turnabout with me!

By Lo

I asked the guy that i liked this way

I made a shirt that said "___________ will you go to Sadies with me?"

I wore it under my jacket that day and when we were walking out of class together, I took off my jacket and showed him and then he said yes and then he hugged me.

By kaylie

You can get a plain white t-shirt and write on it 3 girls names (yours is one of them) in washable marker and write yours in permanent marker and say "to find out who is asking you to (name of dance), wash this shirt." Decorate it and do whatever you want to make it look festive.

By lindsay

Crime Scene

Have one of your friends lay down and outline them with tape on the guy's floor, put caution tape and orange cones around and leave a sign that says "It'd be a crime if you didn't go to Turnabout with me" OR "I'd die if you didn't go to Turnabout with me!"

By HANNY

I have an idea that you could all use. Go to the guy's house, when he isn't home, and put caution tape all around the outside of his house and the driveway. Then in the driveway, draw the outlined shape of your body in chalk. When he sees it, walk out with a sign that says "I'm dying to go to formal with you" It's both cute and original.

By Richele

Toilet Paper Rolls

Okay, this is for all the girls who want to ask a guy in a cute funny way. I did this for my guy friend because it's nothing romantic but it made him laugh:)

I went over to his house late at night and Tepeed it with tons of toilet paper then put all the left over rolls on his doorstep. I made a huge sign that said "Will you roll with me to winter?" He cracked up but it did take a while to clean up, haha!

By courtney

Fortune Cookie

Last year my boyfriend and i went out to Chinese with a few of our other friends and I had previously bought a fortune cookie and had replaced the existing fortune with one of my own. At the restaurant, I made sure he had gotten the fixed cookie and when he read "Johnny, will you go to Turnabout with me" he was really surprised, and of course he said yes.

By Lauren

I did this one to ask to winter formal. I got a fortune cookie and pulled out the piece of paper and slipped my name in it, then decorated his front yard with lots of fortune cookies and chop sticks and Chinese symbols and wrote "I would be fortunate to go to winter formal with you?" then gave instructions to break open the fortune cookies to see who the date was.

By cyndee

Two Thoughtful Ideas

Okay, this was to turnabout but here are some things I did. Last year, I asked my boyfriend by giving him a CD with every first letter of the songs spelling out t-u-r-n-a-b-o-u-t and then I wrote him a note with a message in it saying to take the first letter of every song. He liked music and always loved when I wrote him notes.

And then this year, I asked a crush to turnabout. He's in band with me and I got his locker combination from my band director. I put a poster in his instrument case asking him to turnabout.

If you don't know a locker combination, you can always put a sign in a binder or folder if you're in a class with him, or slip on into his locker or onto his desk before his class if you're not in a class with him.

By Brooke

Pizza Or Muffins

I wanted to ask someone to Sadies and my friend came up with two ideas: Have a pizza delivered to his house saying nothing would "pizza" me more than to go to Sadies with you. Or make a bunch of muffins and have a sign that says I'd love "muffin" more than to go to Sadies with you.

By Rachael

Build A Bear With Voice

if you need a cute way to ask a guy to sadie then here's a sure fire way to ask him. You could get a bear from build a bear and record you voice and put the voice box in the bear. Write the guy a note telling him to push the bear's hand or whatever and the guy will say yes in no time.

By Brittany

All The Fish In The Sea

Get a paper lunch bag and draw an ocean on it with markers. Fill it with Swedish fish (the candy fish) and write on the bag: "Out of all the fish in the sea, will you go to (name of dance) with me?" it's a really creative way to ask, and he will probably say yes, because everyone loves Swedish fish!

By danikaskye

Fortune Teller

I got the cutest idea from a friend. First you make a "fortune teller" and where the fortunes are suppose to go write "Will you go to __dance name__ with me?" Then have the guy you're going to ask play your fortune teller game.

By Katlyin

Make A Wish On A Star

I was going to put stars all over his room "suspended and on the floor" of all shapes and sizes. When he woke up and went to his door there would be a star that said "close your eyes and make a wish" and when he opens the door, hold a star that says "I wish you'd go to Sadie with me!"

By kristin

Here's a cute one if you talk to your boyfriend or girlfriend on the phone at night. Talk to them and ask what they are doing. When they ask you, say that you are outside laying on your lawn looking at the stars. While you are talking to them, drive to their house and lay glow in the dark stars from their doorstep to the lawn. Now say, "Hey I think you should go outside right now and look at the stars." When they go out, they will see you lying on their lawn with a sign saying, "Make a wish and go to ________ with me!"

By mak

Banner At School

My friend did this for Sadies last year. We have big glass doors as you go into school and so she made a banner and hung it above the doors that he went through in the morning saying "Sadies With Me?" It was adorable and everyone else saw it, it was so cute

By Paige

Sports Posters Or Signs

if your friend is in a sport and goes to games away on a school bus you can use this idea.

My friend is in soccer and so, for away games, his team rides the bus after school to another school. i got another one of my friends on the same team to get the guy I was going to ask, to sit next to the window. On the freeway or the streets, I got his attention from a car my friend drove me in. We drove right next to the bus, and I started pulling out cute posters that said, "Will you go to Sadies with me?" When the bus pulled up at the school, he came out, hugged me, and said yes. =)

I was really nervous, but I'm glad i did it. it was my first and last time asking anyone to Sadies. So a note to all: take chances, I promise you will never regret them. remember, it's just high school right? =)

By jesus freak

Hey people! I just asked my awesome boyfriend to Turnabout and this is how I did it. He is a swimmer and so I went to one of his meets with many of my friends. While he was swimming the race, I had all my friends hold up signs that said TURN-ABOUT-WITH-(your name) and then I had one of my friends hold up an arrow that was pointing to me. When he finished the race, we all yelled his name and he looked and saw. It was cute.

By JENNA

The guy i like and i have this "special spot" on top of the football bleachers. so what I'm gonna do is get his locker combination from my friend who he shares with and put a note in there that says "meet me by the bleachers." When he gets there, I'm gonna have my friend blindfold him and then walk him up to where I'm sitting and take off the blindfold and then look across and I'll have a few of my friends holding up posterboards that say SADIES?

By Ashley

Hide It In The Trunk

I had a really simple and easy way of doing it. My friend and I wanted to ask our boyfriends together. So one night we went out to dinner. and after we were done eating, we walked back to my car and I said, 'Hey boys, can you get something out of the trunk for us?' and when they opened up my trunk i had a sign in there that said "_____ & _____ (insert names) will you go to the G.A.G (girls ask guys) dance with us?" I also had balloons and streamers in the trunk,too. Of course they said yes :)

By maggie

Top Ten Reasons

These are really awesome ideas! Another one is to take a poster board and make a top ten reasons why you should go to _______ with me!! It works!!

By Lisa

Melting Heart

Here's a cute idea. Get a piece of pretty paper and write "My heart will melt if you don't go to ____ with me!" then laminate it so it won't ruin in water. Find a heart container and fill it up with water and put the piece of paper in it, then freeze it!! One of my friends asked a guy that way and he LOVED it! Good luck!

By Kim

Rock His World

The person i want to ask plays the guitar so I made him a guitar shaped cake and a sign that says "It would rock my world if you went to Turnabout with me." I had my friend put it on his front step and ring the doorbell. He answered the door, called me on my cell phone, and said "Of course, I'll go to Turnabout with you.

By Katie

Go Or You're Grounded

Hey, I have the cutest way ever to ask a guy to Tolo! Go in his backyard and get all of his family members to lay on the grass and spell out T-O-L-O and when he comes outside everyone chant "You better go to Tolo with ________ or you're grounded because we are on the ground!" it was soooooooooooo cute!

By Ashley

Balloons With Notes Inside

This is what i did to my boyfriend and he LOVED it I filled up his car with 40 balloons. In each balloon, there was a note saying why I liked him and in the last balloon, there was a note asking him to Sadies. Then I numbered each balloon and taped a note on his car window saying that he needs to pop each balloon in order to get to the surprise at the end. It took him forever to do but he loved it!

By Shelly

Ask A Prince

Get on of those big clear balloons and put a stuffed frog in it with a crown and get a bunch of balloons and have them numbered in order he has to pop them: 1. Will 2. you 3. be 4. my 5. prince 6. to 7. ball 8. - ?) and one letter per balloon to spell out your name. I am doing this very soon! hope it works

By bekah

One thing I did that I thought was cute was I made him a crown out of construction paper (or you can buy one, it might look better). On the inside, I wrote "Will you be my Prince Charming at Homecoming? "so you can write something that involves asking him to be your Prince Charming, be creative!

By Elizabeth

Wrong Flower

Put an unopened bag of flour on their front porch and a note that says there is a special surprise for you inside. In about an hour (after they have sifted through the flour and obviously found nothing), leave a flower on their doorstep (rose, etc.) and a note that says something like "oops wrong flower, will you go with me to morp anyway?!"

By girl

Ideas At School

I thought up some good ideas for sadie hawkins:

He's in my weight training class, and I could wear a t-shirt that says : "Hey Matt" on one side, then on the other, "Wanna go to Sadie Hawkins?" Or since sometimes in class we play flickerball, which is played with a football, I could get a spare football, and decorate it, then write on it, "Matt, how about Sadies?" and pass it to him. Or since i know his locker combo, I could go in early before school, and decorate it, and put a little poem that says: "Matt, I don't want any kisses or hugs, just to go to sadies with one of my best buds <3 (insert a picture of me)"

Think Pink

I used this one for winter formal. First go buy a bunch of pink stuff like balloons, confetti, just anything pink. Then go throw it all in his room with a pink poster that says "I would be tickled pink if you went to formal with me!" Make sure you put your name somewhere, like in the balloons. It's soo cute!

By ashley

Ask With Flowers

A way to ask a girl to a dance....

Get a dozen red roses and one yellow rose and put them in a vase filled with water. In the bottom of the vase, have those little marble stones and write your name (a letter on each stone) and mix it up with all the other stones.(We used fingernail polish so it wouldn't rub off). Then make a sign saying "Roses are red, sometimes they're yellow,
    would you go to (dance) with this fellow? To find out who is asking you
    look through the vase to solve this case." Then they look through the rocks and spell out your name! Very cool and girls love flowers!

By TYBO

Scavenger Hunt

Last year I wanted to ask my boyfriend to Sadies in a really cute way. So I sent him on a scavenger hunt. I called and asked him if he wanted to hang out, so he came over and on my doorstep was a balloon that had "Will" written on it, with a CD attached. On the CD it said something like, "listen to the clue, it will tell you where to go." On the CD, I burned "YMCA". So he went to the local Y and there he found another balloon with "You" written on it and another CD. The song on there was "Candy Shop" and I put the name of the mall he needed to go to on the CD. I continued with different songs telling him to go different places, and on each balloon I wrote "Go", "To", "Sadies" "With" and he ended up at my house with me holding a balloon that said "Me" on it. He really liked it and it was really fun setting it up. Hope this helped!

By Spring

This is what my friends are doing since both of their dates are best friends,

They made up riddles that told them to go to the beach in our town and taped it to the windshield of the car. When they got to the beach, there was another riddle telling them to follow the arrows to the next clue. The arrows lead to a plate of cookies that had "will you go to winter formal with..." then another note that told them to follow the giant candy canes to see who was asking. At the end of the candy canes were two giant boxes with their names on it, so they unwrapped the boxes that had their names on and the girls popped up and had shirts on that said "me"

By kelsey

Ask With Your Friends

There's this group of girls who are like best friends at my school, and they decorated white shirts and each of them had one letter on the front, "S" "A" "D" "I" "E" "S" "?" and then on the back they had the name of the guy that they were asking. Well, they blasted the music in the commons and all stood in order and did a dance in front of the group of guys and then turned around and all the guys saw their names. It was really really cute, i wish I would've thought of it! but there's an idea

By Ashley

Kiss The Ground They Walk On

A girl on my soccer team has a boyfriend at a different school, and we had an away game there. As we were walking to the bleachers, he'd put a big piece of butcher paper on the ground, and traced footprints on it. He put Hershey's kisses on the paper, and at the end of this "red carpet" he had a big sign that said "Now that I've kissed the ground you walk on, please go to Homecoming with me"

By katy

Play Hot And Cold

I'm asking a guy that just came to our school and since we both drive, I'm going give him directions to a specific place (strict directions). Along the side of the road, I'll have a signs that says "ice cold", "melting ice cold", "cold", "lukewarm", "warmer", "hot", "hotter," and then I'll be somewhere and have a sign about 10 feet away that says EXTREMELY HOT and then be holding a sign that says Sadies?

By keely

Rock My Socks

You could ask him with socks and a bunch of rocks on his porch and say "You would rock my socks if you went to____with me."

Bananas

Coming up with a idea was driving me bananas. So I used bananas as my idea. I found a cute stuffed monkey and placed bananas all around it. I tied a note to the monkey that read, "I'd go bananas if you would go to Sadies with me."

By Kelsey

Rose Petals

My idea is to first get a ton of rose petals and put them on his stairs leading him to his room. On the stairs put the words *going up* "will you go to homecoming with" then put more rose petals around his bed and on top of his bed. Put a guess who game box on his bed and tape your picture on the bottom of the box. Put rose petals to cover your picture up and place the box on top of his bed and wait for him like in the closet or something.

By Emily

Post-It Notes

In the morning our school announces Sadie Hawkins Dance, I'll go to his locker and completely cover it with post-it notes saying
    "Sadie Hawkins?" with my name at the bottom. How cute is that? lol

By shelbs_love of his life

Balloons, Chocolate And A Puzzle

This is what I did to ask my date to Sadies. I went out and bought a bag of Hershey's kisses, a teddy bear, confetti, glitter and a bunch of helium balloons. then I filled the balloons with confetti, a couple Hershey's kisses and notes that said "will you", "go to","SADIES", "with me!?!" and then Ic ut my name up in a puzzle and put it in two different balloons, and wrote numbers on the balloons. then I filled two more balloons with a bunch of Hershey's kisses. I blew up a bunch of extra balloons and laid all of it out on his porch with the bear holding directions for him to pop the balloons in order. Then rang the doorbell and ditched all of the stuff. mMy date said that he loved it.

By cali gurl in utah

Go Nuts

What i am going to do for our formal is: Get a whole bunch of nuts. He drives so I am going to put them all over his car, then I am making a sign that says "I'd go NUTS if you went to Formal"

By jenn

Write Him A Note

I asked this guy who was in the play with me and we went on as reporters, so he had a notepad and pencil with him. Before we went onstage, I asked to see his note pad. I wrote "Will you go to SnoBall with me?" on the pad and in parenthesis at the bottom "Don't break character." I gave him the notepad back and since it was dark backstage, he couldn't read it. During the scene ,my heart stared racing but after the scene was over he gave me a big hug and said "Of course!"

By Caroline

Tootsie Rolls

Go to his room and get a brown poster and on it write "HEY TOOTS" and then he opens his room and there are tootsie rolls EVERYWHERE and confetti and balloons (red,white,and brown) and then have another poster that says "WANNA 'ROLL' TO THE DANCE"

By Safari

Balloon Bouquet

Get a bouquet of balloons. maybe 10 different balloons. and inside each balloon put a puzzle piece. so he has to pop all of the balloons to get all the pieces and once he puts the puzzle together, it says "Winter formal?" and you put up a balloon that's larger than the rest, and put a sign next to it saying "don't pop this balloon until the very end" and inside it has confetti and your name.

By Hailey

Jar Of Pennies

Give a jar of pennies to a teacher that you both have a class together. Have a poem that says, "find a penny, pick it up, find a dime and solve the rhyme." Have the teacher give him the jar in the class you have together. Have a jar full of pennies and a few dimes that spell out your name, one letter on each. In the middle of the jar, have a fake flower that says "formal with me"

By Richele

I'm A Nerd . . .

This is how my brothers girlfriend asked him to formal. On our front door, she had a sign that said hey____follow the candy and you will find another clue. They both loved the candy nerds so she put nerds in a line in a maze throughout my house and it led to a clue that said "I'm a nerd" The candy led him to his room and on his door, it said, "and you're a nerd" And then when he opend his door to his room, there was nerds everywhere and on his bed there was a sign that said "So from one nerd to another, will you go to formal with me?" Then she walked out of his closet with a baloon and a sign that said Formal?

By Hillary

Box Of Balloons

Our winter formal is coming up, and i was thinking of asking the guy I like in a cute way... I'm gonna go to his house and put a big box wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper on his porch, and the inside of the box is filled with a bunch of balloons with little notes inside that say "keep looking" or "try again" until he pops the right one which will say "Finally you found it, the winning card, yes to winter formal, it's not that hard, Lauren. and then on the outside of the box, before he opens it, it will say, "Chris: open the box, pop the balloons, read all the notes and you'll find out soon!" is this a cute idea? i hope it works I really want to go with this guy.

By lauren

Boxes Within Boxes

I have been thinking about this forever and I chickened out with my homecoming idea, so I wanted to make this one fairly simple, but unique. The guy I am going to ask tomorrow loves to open presents, I mean who doesn't. I went to the container store and got boxes that are the color of the dance that fit inside each other. In the smallest one, I wrote a note that said "I could not think of anyone who would be a better date, so... ya formal?" It was on a snowflake too since that was the theme. I wrapped it 5x and moved on the the next box which Iput that present and rocks and wrapped 4x, third was 3x wrapped and had confetti, 2 had small little gifts and wrapped 2x, and the 1st was wrapped once and I made a heart out of candy canes and his favorite candy. The on on top of the package I wrote to: and his name and from: You'll have to open and see... It took more than 2 hours to put together, but hopefully it works! I am planning on either dropping it off on his doorstep or at his work.

By alexa

Program For Turnabout

My friend is in my math class and he knows how to write programs on a calculator. At the beginning of the year, he would show me all these programs and would brag and smile about them, and it sounds nerdy but it was totally cute. So I finally figured out how to make the programs and I was so excited, but I haven't told him yet. I am going to ask to see his calculator in class and make it so "Turnabout?" shows up on the screen when he presses enter! i know this probably can't work fo many people, but i think he will say yes! Hopefully!

Just Ask, By Yourself

I'm a guy and our winter formal is this friday, and I'm just letting you know, don't have your friend go up to the guy, it turns them off. Go by yourself, none of your friends go with you, just you, and go ask the guy when he's by himself as well, like... "Hey I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me, I don't know if you have anyone to go with you, but I think if we both go we could have a good time." Seriously, don't have your friend go ask the guy, it's lame.

By dont even worry about it

Snow Man

So I'm asking my friend to Tolo by making a snowman in his yard from all the snow that just fell and hold a poster next to it that says, "There's Snow Man I'd rather go to Tolo with" and call him and tell him to look outside. It'll be cute and he'll most likely say yes but if he doesn't, it didn't take too much planning.

By Kathy

Three Creative Ideas

So if you wanna ask in a really cute way, this is what you do.

CARDS. make a poster of a king's card and a queen's card with the hearts on them. and then say: "Outta all the cards in the deck, will you go to Turnabout with me?"

BOWLING. buy those silly pins things, and write a buncha girls names on the pins, and then on your name, cut a hole outta the bottom and fill it with sand, and then have him bowl. and yours will be the last one standing and say: "I couldn't stand going to the dance without you"

LUCKY CHARMS. Get an empty box of the cereal lucky charms, and fill it with confetti and paper, and write, "Be my lucky charm, and go to Turnabout with me"

By jamie and maggie

Cheesy Idea

Get a large cheese pizza or a whole bunch of cheeses. Either on the pizza OR a seperate note, say I" know this is cheesey but will you go to ____________ with me"

By nik

Bake For Him

I baked a cake and wrote TURNABOUT? in frosting and then I attached a card that said "It'd be really sweet if you went to Turnabout with me!"

By madd

I made brownies and gave them to this really cute guy. I was going to put a paper in it saying "Will you go to Sadies with me.", but I forgot. so then I gave him the brownies and put the paper under it. There was a paper on top of the brownies that said "Eat the brownies to see who wants to go to Sadies with you." Well, he ended up eating the whole pan of brownies before he realized that the brownies did not have a note in them, but under them, and it was under the last piece of brownie he ate. He went to Sadies with me, and two years later, we are still together, and very much in love and planning to get married.

Archive: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Lauren from Denver, CO

Feedback:

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Can you cook at all? Why don't you bake him some cookies or make some fudge? And tell him you made these for him because he's a sweet person, that will make him feel special, and all guys love food, then you could ask him. (12/29/2007)

By crazylady4christ2007

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I think it would be cute to ask a girl to winter formal by getting some friends (guys) together and having them do karaoke to a dance song. The last person to sing should be the one asking and should be carrying flowers. It should be performed during lunch or something in front of everybody to make the girl feel special. (01/11/2008)

By ChaCha

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I wanted a way to ask a guy to turnabout that I was just friends with. So I put Depends, like the diaper, all over his car and wrote in car window paint "I'm depending on you to go to turnabout with me." He thought it was really funny and loved it! (01/22/2008)

By anonymous

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Okay, really cute idea. Make him a shirt with "winter formal?" on the front and write a bunch of names in washable marker on the back but write YOURS in permanent marker, and attach a note that says, "Wash me to find out who asked you" ;). Then when he washes it yours will be the only one left on the back. (01/23/2008)

By shelby

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

It took me a while to think of my idea. But what I did was I brought a cookie cake and asked them to put "turn about with (my name)" then I asked for a cake box big enough for the cookie cake. I brought a jar of icing and covered the whole thing (even the cover for the cookie cake). Decorate the whole thing so it looks like a cake. Once he went in to cut it, he noticed he was cutting into plastic. So he wiped all the frosting to read what it said. It totally made his day. (01/25/2008)

By Twain

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

One of my team mates on the swim team told me of how she asked a friend to Snowball (it's not the prom, but it's still a formal dance). She had been a nominee for Snowball royalty. After her description was read by an announcer during a pep rally, there was a message left at the bottom of the notes. "_ doesn't have a date to Snowball. Chris, will you go with me?" and he accepted in front of the whole school. (02/08/2008)

By Katie

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Make a spinner game wheel, like wheel of fortune, and put "who's asking __ to sadie hawkins?" in the middle and then all around the wheel put your name in different ways (emma, em, e-mac...) so every time he spins the wheel, he will land on your name! (02/25/2008)

By emma

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Have a teacher or someone write him a slip telling him to go to the principal's office. When he gets there he'll think he's in trouble, but then you will be there with balloons or flowers or something and ask him to go to TWIRPS with you. (09/30/2008)

By anonymous

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

So I just got asked to homecoming and the way he did it was really cute and I'm sure you could use it. There was a poster that read Hey "name" Just you wait and see if you can find the key, inside the treasure chest "Name of Dance" will be the best!

He then got one big tool box with a lock on it and a huge bucket of keys and I had to find the key that went to the tool box, then I opened it and inside was another box and a whole another set of keys and after I opened the 2nd box his name was inside written on a paper key. He also threw in a whole bunch of candy, it was adorable! (10/12/2008)

By Kelsey

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Last year for winter formal I made a snowman out of that foam paper and put a hat, eyes, nose, etc. on it. On the snowman's stomach I put this poem, "let it snow, let it snow, please say you'll go winter formal with ________." It was so sweet, he wrote me a poem back the next day saying that he would love to go! (12/06/2008)

By shopgirl

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I am in the same boat as you. I was thinking of putting like 600 snowflakes around one of his classes, and on a big snowflake, I would write, "Winter Formal is just around the corner, and so is the girl who wants to go with you." Then I would have him follow either snowflakes or arrows down the hall and of course, around a corner. I would be standing there and then would ask him. (12/27/2008)

By Alyssa

Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Next year for turnabout I'll ask my date by buying a beta or gold fish and putting a note on the inside (laminated) saying, "there's plenty of fish in the sea but I want you to be mine. Turnabout?" (01/02/2009)

By Manon

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I made a HUGE batch of Jello like a big cooking bowl. Then when it was firm I flipped it out onto a plate and wrote "Will you Wiggle with me" on it. It was cute and we ate it! (01/24/2009)

By Emily.

RE: Asking a Guy To Turnabout

Lucky Charms: Give him a box of lucky charms with a note inside saying "Since you're so charming, would I be lucky enough to accompany you to Turnabout?"

Duck tape: I wrote a note asking this guy to turnabout and put it in a box. The note said "unwrapping this box is like unwrapping your heart. Turnabout?" I wrapped the box in duck tape about 20 times. (01/24/2009)

By becourageous

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

Be careful with the t-shirt idea. It is a really good idea, but last year I used it and the permanent marker bled through. So he kinda knew who it was before he washed the shirt. (01/28/2009)

By yo

RE: Asking a Guy To Winter Formal

I asked my boyfriend last year in a really cute way. His favorite place to eat is Chipotle so I took him there just to get something to eat, and I asked the manager if I could hang a sign that I made on the menu so that when he looked up he would see it. The sign said;

"A taco or burrito, which one will it be?
    It doesn't really matter, it's all the same to me.
    A night of dancing and a night of fun..
    How about Turnabout with your only one?" (02/04/2009)

By Sarah

Holidays and Parties Parties School DancesFebruary 1, 2013
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Boy and shy girl standing by lockers.
    Ideas for Asking a Guy to a Dance
    A girl with her prom date.
    Asking a Guy to Prom
    Couple Going to Homecoming
    Asking a Boy to Homecoming
    Formal Business Event
    Clothing Advice for a Formal Business Event
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:10:32 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsArchives
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings