Combine Expensive And Cheap Coffee

I adore great coffee but with the economy going wacko on my wallet, I've had to get creative. When I want that great flavor coffee, but can't afford the high cost, I buy one jar of my favorite and one cheap jar on sale then mix them together. I swear after the first cup, I really can't tell the difference.

By ms444125 from Charlotte, NC

I started doing this awhile back and your right I can't tell the difference.It's especially useful when my brand is on sale! Thanks for sharing and welcome to Thrifty Fun.

Thanks for the great tip! Enjoy your coffee!

I do that too, 2 scoops "cheap", I scoop yummy, works for me.

You mention jars of coffee so it sounds like you are talking about instant. I don't drink instant but I do the same with ground coffee like others have mentioned. I use half of the blah tasting coffee and half of the rich tasting coffee and it turns out very well.

Thanks for the tip, I tried it and it worked good, anything to save money in this economy.

August 16, 2010 Flag

When you buy your favorite flavored blend at the store: double, even triple grind it to a powder (percolator grind, if you can request that), then mix it with unflavored coffee and store in an airtight container.

It lasts longer for 2 reasons:

1. Making a a pot or cup requires less coffee when you're making it a with a powder consistency

2. The unflavored coffee absorbs the flavor of the flavored blend.

By Julia from Baltimore, MD

Coffee Lovers Save Money

If you want to save money on coffee creamer, I mix 1/2 cup dry powdered milk to 1/2 cup instant coffee creamer it tastes just fine and I actually think it gives it a little more of a creamy taste (02/02/2006)

By imaqt1962

Coffee Lovers Save Money

Actually, percolator grind would be one of the coarsest possible. If you want fine grind look for Turkish or Espresso grind. (10/17/2007)

Roasted Coffee Beans
Saving Money on Coffee
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesAugust 16, 2010
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Using Reusable Kuerig Pods
Using Reusable Kuerig Pods