Saving Money on Coffee

I love my coffee, but the prices continue to go up so I am sharing some things that have helped me save $$ on my coffee.

1. Make your coffee at home and take it with you. This is a huge savings over even the senior coffee price at McDonald's.
  2. Advertisement

3. Make a smaller pot of coffee instead of the whole pot. I find I actually drink less if I make a smaller pot of coffee. After coffee is gone, I start drinking water all day.
  4. Buy your coffee in bulk when possible. We belong to Costco, they often have coupons on Folgers. I have also purchased on line through Amazon when they have coffee sales.
  5. I have a friend who buys green coffee beans and roasts her own. She said it is fun to do and saves her money.
  6. I also use coupons when they are in the paper and grocery flyers. Walmart, if you shop there, will take another store's ad and match the price.

There really is never a reason to pay full price for coffee.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

These are all great ideas. Have you tried the coffee singles? They are just like tea bags, and with each one is a consistently good cup of coffee. I pay about .19 per cup, too, which is pennies compared to what you pay for coffee even at home.

I even love the lack of space I now have again for no coffee pot, and I also save on filters. You can take several with you and keep them in your car for those times when you really need a quick cup and are close to a convenience store. Most of the time, they will give or sell you a cup of coffee for .25 and you are still ahead of the price.

PBP

Ooops...that was suppose to be a cup of hot water. Maybe I needed a cup of coffee just to keep my thoughts straight!
PBP

And if you brew your own at home when you're 1st pot is empty just add a teaspoon of fresh grounds to that morning's coffee grounds and brew another full pot.

Anonymous

I used to make a pot of coffee with 5 scoops, but when we looked at little ways to cut down expenses, I started making with only 4 scoops. It still tastes great, and saves 20% on each pot of coffee.

Anonymous

I never thought about buying green coffee beans and roasting myself. Thank you for the tip!

Also buying whole beans over ground sometimes is cheaper I find. Plus I get to use the blender a lot more than just a kitchen ornament.

Anonymous

Left over coffee can be put in a glass jar and refrigerated to either be used as Ice Coffee later or heated in the micro wave.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesAugust 23, 2012
😷
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Coffee-3.html