This cute kids craft is perfect for the "Fourth Of July." It has a simple flower shape with a glitter like a bursting firecracker. Make one to hang on the wall, or have a group of children each make one, then hang along the wall with red, white, and blue streamers for decoration!
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- 2-inch Styrofoam ball (cut in half)
- glitter spray, glue, or paint
- 8 feet of metallic garland
- Have child place ball-half onto the flat side, and cover the curved "ball" side with glitter spray, glue or paint. Let dry.
- Have child cut out 6-10 strands of garland, anywhere between 3/4 and 2 feet long. The strands should be looped, then tied with a string around the ends to keep the loop together. Repeat with each strand.
- Glue tied loop ends to back of glittering circle. Place the loops around the back of the ball in a flower pattern. Let dry.
- Write your child's name on back and hang on the wall with streamers to make a festive "Fourth Of July" Firecracker flower. Hang alone with a few streamers coming from the bottom to make a cute "single firework" ornament for doors or cupboards.
By Aysha from Boise, ID
Add your voice to the conversation.