This cute kids craft is perfect for the "Fourth Of July." It has a simple flower shape with a glitter like a bursting firecracker. Make one to hang on the wall, or have a group of children each make one, then hang along the wall with red, white, and blue streamers for decoration!
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- 2-inch Styrofoam ball (cut in half)
- glitter spray, glue, or paint
- 8 feet of metallic garland
- Have child place ball-half onto the flat side, and cover the curved "ball" side with glitter spray, glue or paint. Let dry.
- Have child cut out 6-10 strands of garland, anywhere between 3/4 and 2 feet long. The strands should be looped, then tied with a string around the ends to keep the loop together. Repeat with each strand.
- Glue tied loop ends to back of glittering circle. Place the loops around the back of the ball in a flower pattern. Let dry.
- Write your child's name on back and hang on the wall with streamers to make a festive "Fourth Of July" Firecracker flower. Hang alone with a few streamers coming from the bottom to make a cute "single firework" ornament for doors or cupboards.
By Aysha from Boise, ID
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 8:42:29 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us