Sea Glass Magnets
So easy, your kids can do this homemade gift craft! Frozen juice can lids pair with glass to create a stylish and lovely accent for next to nothing.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb sea glass/craft glass pieces
- 2 medium, round magnets per project
- 1 frozen juice can lid per project
- hot glue gun
- hot glue sticks
- Place juice can lid on work surface so that the lip faces up, toward you; this will help to contain the glass pieces and keep the round shape.
- Plug in hot glue gun and insert glue stick.
- When hot, begin gluing your largest glass pieces onto the lid, working from the center to the edges of the circle.
- Once the first layer is completed, do a second layer of glass, overlapping the underlying gaps between the pieces of the first layer so that the finished effect is one of solid glass where no metal of the lid is showing through.
- Take your tiniest slivers of glass and glue them around the rim, adhering them to the two layers of glass; this will cover the metal perimeter of the lid.
- Finish by hot-gluing two magnets to the back; you're done!
By Brianna from Dutch Harbor, AK
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide