- 2 tsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken parts, skinned
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 med. green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms
- 1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Combine flour, 1/4 tsp. salt, and pepper; dredge chicken parts in flour mixture, coat both sides.
- In shallow 2 qt. glass baking dish, combine onion, oil, and garlic; microwave on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and green pepper and microwave on medium high for 5 minutes.
- Stir mixture, then add mushrooms, tomatoes, water, thyme, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on medium high for 20 minutes, stirring twice during cooking.
- Uncover and cook until chicken is tender, about 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 12:23:29 PM on 10.0.2.32 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us