- 2 tsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken parts, skinned
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 med. green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms
- 1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Combine flour, 1/4 tsp. salt, and pepper; dredge chicken parts in flour mixture, coat both sides.
- In shallow 2 qt. glass baking dish, combine onion, oil, and garlic; microwave on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and green pepper and microwave on medium high for 5 minutes.
- Stir mixture, then add mushrooms, tomatoes, water, thyme, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on medium high for 20 minutes, stirring twice during cooking.
- Uncover and cook until chicken is tender, about 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 18, 2017 at 2:32:03 AM on 10.0.0.193 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us