Grilled Barbecued Spareribs

If anyone has a recipe for barbecued spareribs, I would love to have it. If it isn't too much trouble can you tell me all steps involved, as I am not very experienced with chicken or ribs. I usually just cooks burgers and hot dogs. Thanks a lot for any advice and recipes!

P.J. from Delaware

PJ,

I found this to be very easy and the ribs are nice and tender. Put the ribs in the oven on about 400 for 1/2 hr. uncovered. After the 1/2 hour I than cover with foil and bring the temp. down to 250 for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Than you can either do one of the following. I use Sweet Baby Rays Sauce or whatever you prefer pour on and leave uncovered for about 1/2 hr. OR I put them in the fridge for the next day for grilling. Piece of foil on the grill with holes for venting purposes. Pour some sauce on them and let them heat up for about 20 mins or until them seem hot. You are ready and they are nice and tender falling right off the bone. Hope this works for you as well as it does for me. Good Luck.

Barb from PA

My favorite way to do chicken on the grill is to marinate it in Italian salad dressing for a couple of hours (or overnight) before putting on the grill. If I'm doing bone-in, I usually boil the chicken first, then marinate it before grilling. For ribs, I marinate in the following:

2/3 c. salad oil

1/2 c. vinegar

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. parsley (or Italian seasoning)

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 Tbs. minced onion

1 Tbs. lemon juice

This marinade makes the ribs very tender and tasty. Enjoy!

You can also go to foodnetwork.com and get lots of recipes and ideas there. My husband and son use that site a lot. Emeril has a great rub you put on first (set overnight) and then a bbq sauce during smoking/grilling. They are very good. Type in spare ribs and the one for smoked bbq ribs is the one we have tried.

Different parts of the country use different methods for barbecue, but to me the smoke is the thing. I usually use a marinade based on vinegar, mustard, peppers and garlic, with anything else that sounds good at the time. If you don't have time to marinate it just add a can (or more, depending on how much you're making) of beer to the mix and parboil the meat very briefly. Then slow-grill using your choice of flavor wood. I prefer hickory for pork, but sometimes use various combinations of fruitwoods. I avoid mesquite on pork; it's great for beef and okay for chicken but IMO it just doesn't work on pork.

try looking at www.kraftkitchen.com - they have lots of grilling recipes

Here is a link to a Kansas City Style Ribs recipe that is excellent. Enjoy!

http://www.reci  le-barbecue-ribs

In These Guides
Barbecued Spare Ribs
Barbecued Spare Ribs Recipes
Barbecue Ribs
Barbecue Ribs Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes BBQ & GrillJune 11, 2006
Grilled Cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
slicing onions
Grilled Onion Recipes
tomatoes on a grill
Grilled Tomato Recipes
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 20, 2017 at 4:46:06 PM on 10.0.2.4 in 984 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.