My Frugal Life - Research, Research, Research.

By Jackie Martin 1 24

Having been one of 5 kids of depression era parents, I had a good idea how to live frugally. Those times reappeared when I lost my job. I tackled this problem with research, research, and more research. I spent time finding inexpensive meals, inexpensive places to shop, place to cut down spending, and eventually learned how to feed 2 on 153.00 a month.

My Frugal Life Logo

I able to do it with food leftover for next month. I even have a stockpile of food on hand. I have cut back on the meat we eat. I make a lot of soups and a lot of "make your own" mixes. I joined all the frugal sites I could to look for answers and read a lot of library books. I even have done some garbage day "recycling".

I use a Brita water filter pitcher to refill my water cooler. I use the car once a week, if that. I plan a route and stick to it. I disposed of "things" that I found were not necessary to the happiness of life. By getting rid of the "Dust Catchers" of life I found new ways to make myself happy and content.

Jaxi3 from Wixom, Michigan

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

Showing: Comments Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Would you mind sharing your list of frugal sites? I was laid off when my employer closed down, and we are trying to decide if we can live on one income. I will mention that The Dollar Stretcher is wonderful, as is our good old faithful Thrifty Fun, which I look at all of the time! Thanks TF - I was just too lazy to sign in!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I was just wondering if you could let me know how you did groveries for 153.00 a month. It would be so helpfull if you could give me specifics as I am working and my husband is unemployed. It would help out soo much!!!

Jenn

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

i have also signed on to many frugal sites but i find alot of them difficult to use. would you please list yours.??

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeApril 21, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
Frugal Birthday Party
Frugal Party Locations
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 1:27:32 PM on 10.0.2.120 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings