Refurbished Yard Swing

This is a yard swing I received from my local Freecycle. It was a rusty green with a torn seat. I covered it with purple and white striped fabric lined with a sheet of plastic left from another Freecycle deal. I painted it with white paint I had left over from another project. The purple paint came from a free Gliddon paint sample. Total cost: free, just time.

By Craftmomo from San Marcos TX

"Free" is always best. You did a good job and I'm sure you are very pleased with it too.

I want one too! What a pleasure it would be to swing in it on a cool evening with friends and dogs.

The frame looks great. I really need to do this with my swing frame as it has rust marks from rain getting at it. I was going to use hammerite paint on it. I have a knitted throw tossed over the cushions as a temporary measure, at least it's washable :)

Photos Home ImprovementJuly 24, 2009
Old Dresser
Recycling an Old Dresser
Making a Rope Swing
Making a Rope Swing
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard