How Can I Clean My Dirty Gas Oven?

We just recently purchased a house. My problem is the oven. It is a gas range, but I don't think the previous owner cleaned the oven at all. I guess the stuff is baked and caked on. I've tried oven cleaner, S.O.S. pads, and a few other things. Does anyone have any solution as how to clean this oven. It is a pure mess.

Thanks.
Gina

Best Answer

First warm your oven to about 200 D. Then be sure to turn oven off. Pour about 1/2 to 1 cup ammonia in a glass baking dish. Set this solution in your oven. Close the oven door and leave over night. This should loosen the grim enough for you to be able to wash it out the next day. You can take the ammonia in the dish and dilute it 4 or 5 parts water to 1 part ammonium to wash oven with. Rinse well. This will also work on bar b que grates - just put them in a plastic trash bag and pour in some ammonia tie off and let sit overnight. Good luck.

Do you have to turn pilot light out.

Best Answer

I have just finished the same messy project in our newly purchased home. I used fume free oven cleaner twice then I removed the grease with a glass scraper {the kind that uses a razor blade} just be careful not to scratch the enamel. The oven was like new when I finished. Good luck.

Best Answer

You can use Purple from the automotive place and a grill screen that can be bought at a chemical or paper products place. Keep screen wet. Make sure to rinse thouroughly.

I have used the same process as farmwife, except when I put the cup of amonia in the oven on the top shelf and then I put a bowl of BOILING WATER on the bottom shelf and close the oven door and let set overnight. In the morning, open the oven door and let it air a while before washing it off with soap and water. Even the hard baked on grease will wash off. It does work.

I have just ordinary heavy duty oven cleaner. I can use hot oven cleaning, overnight cleaning, or fast cold cleaning. First, is this cleaner safe to use on a gas oven or is there a better method and which method should I use?

I have a gas oven that is self cleaning but I do not feel like I want to use the self cleaning element because of the heat factor. Can I use a oven cleaning product in a gas oven? Will my gas oven Explode if I put ammonia in a glass dish overnight due to the fumes and the gas flame?

Cleaning a Gas Oven
Cleaning a Gas Oven
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesDecember 11, 2000
Gas Log Fireplace
Gas Log Tips
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
🎉
🎄