Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

America Publishing Envelope Stuffing

I sent $40.00 for envelope stuffing material and got back nothing but a "Secret Home Employment Guide". The offer was supposed to be money back guaranteed. Ha ha! HUGE SCAM! Don't answer newspaper ads from America Publishing, New Haven, CT. Trust me.

By deerasha from Smithville, OK

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Lelia Jo Cordell [49]07/29/2010

I'm sorry to hear anyone has been caught in this scam. Personally, I'm too darn cheap to consent to pay any company who says they'll give me work. :P

By Sodi07/27/2010

I found out years ago, that if some company or person asks for money for a service that you are performing for them then find something else that makes sense.

By Marty Dick [133]07/27/2010

The consumer advocates on your local TV stations can warn others even if they can't do anything about it. Most TV stations do have a legal analyst who can advise you.

By Julia [136]07/27/2010

I'd take all the paperwork for this SCAM to my local postmaster since they used the US Mail to complete their fraud, they might do something about it. Sorry you lost money though. In these days and times, none of us who are trying so hard to make ends meet should have to put up with this sort of crookery. That's what our government is supposed to be taking care of and it's what we're paying them to do too. The crooks are getting by on just small technicalities, and someone needs to go after them big time. Just my opinion.

Pookarina

By Betty [104]07/27/2010

How did you pay the $40.? If you, by chance paid with a major credit card, I'd call the credit card company and contest it. They will credit your account. I don't know why the Federal Government don't crack down on these. It's not that they don't know it because they have been around for years.

By Betty [104]07/27/2010

NEVER EVER pay in order to get work. It's always a scam.

By Lilac [18]07/27/2010

Write or call the CT. attorney general's office. Send them copies of all your info. You can do this by email I think. They will take care of it if they can. It is their job! We do not have to put up with these kinds of scams.
http://www.ct.gov/ag/site/default.asp

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Envelope Stuffing Companies

Is there any legitimate envelope stuffing company out there?

Tony

RE: Envelope Stuffing Companies

In a word. "NO". I've been burned many times and have found other ways to earn money at home without the risk of being taken. (06/22/2007)

By Denise

RE: Envelope Stuffing Companies

NO! (06/22/2007)

By Jannie

RE: Envelope Stuffing Companies

I once replied to an ad about envelope stuffing and received a reply requesting $19.00 for a list of companies that supposedly needed help. I never responded to it. That was about 20 years ago. The only people who make money are the ones who place the ad - this scam has been around a long time. (06/22/2007)

By Cindy S.

RE: Envelope Stuffing Companies

You might try a local printing company. Most of them do what is called "bindery" work which consists of putting together the printed job in a final work. If they do much work for missionaries or someone who has a mailing list, then they do a lot of envelope stuffing. I worked for a printing company for 12 years as a typesetter and lay-out person. And believe me, when I wasn't busy, I did my share of envelope stuffing. The owners even brought in their kids to help sometimes. (06/22/2007)

By Noella

RE: Envelope Stuffing Companies

No, no and No, it's a complete scam. No matter what you have heard, it is seriously a scam, scam, scam. Now you are in the KNOW, say, NO NO NO! (06/22/2007)

By hedera

RE: Envelope Stuffing Companies

I have never seen one that is legitimate. They make it sound so good, but you know the old saying: "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" Just use logical thinking and you will realize it doesn't make sense. Why would someone send you Envelopes with preprinted labels to attach, stamps to put on the envelopes and pages of whatever to insert in the envelopes so that you can simply stuff the envelopes and take them to the Post Office to mail them. If they do all the rest, how much more time would it take them to stick the stuff in the envelope and seal it? There are so many people looking for work at home jobs, that if they are legitimate, there is a waiting list for openings. and they certainly would not have to advertise for people to do the work.

I worked for Neilson's Coupon Clearing House years ago. I was not a homeworker, and we processed Moneyback Offers, and Promotional orders that involved product labels, etc. for gift items. However, they did hire homeworkers to type up address labels. The ladies would pick up the lists, type up the labels, attach them to envelopes and return them to us to complete the orders in house. They used only local people and always had a waiting list for employment. This was in Clinton, Iowa, and I am not sure it they still do this or not. I worked there in 1963. (06/28/2007)

By Harlean from Arkansas

RE: Envelope Stuffing Companies

I am looking at a envelope stuffing from home program right now. I did not sign up for it because it costs $49.95 for a list of "legitimate" companies and they say they include a list of companies to stay away from. They have a 6 month money back guarantee and say that even if your money is returned to you, you keep the names of the companies and can continue making money with the "legitimate" companies. They have a contact us so I wrote them an email and am waiting on a reply. I have ventured into one of these companies in the past and at the time did not know that I had to FIND the names and addresses my self and pay $50.00 for 500 names. So I am very, very leery about any company that you have to pay for. Yes I have fallen for a few of them myself but I have learned, that if they have no way of contacting them for questions or information, they NOT legitimate companies. The one I am looking at right now that I sent the email to is hazelpeppergood.com. So if anyone has tried them and checked into them, please let me know. If I get the response I hope for and find out more about this company or advertisement I will let you all know if it is legitimate or not. I know this, I am tired of working 7 days a week, 10 to 12 hour days, to make someone else rich. I have no life and will be getting married again to a wonderful man and I want to be able to have time to spend with him so I am looking for anything at this point that I can do out of my home. (04/16/2008)

By Saphy