Spending Too Much On Take Out Coffee?

contest winner icon

Sometimes we don't realize how much money we spend on take out coffee. If you buy two cups a day, 5 days a week it can cost you approximately $60 a month. That's $720 a year on just coffee. Yikes! Here are a few solutions to cut down your Java costs.

A great way to budget your coffee money is to get one of those reloadable coffee cards (Many chain coffee places have them) and put a set amount of money on it once a month (say $20). This will allow you to keep track of your coffee purchases easily. Some coffee chains give you perks if you register your card as well so ask your local coffee establishment about it. Make sure you stick to the coffee budget you set for yourself.

If the establishment where you go does not offer reloadable coffee cards, have a separate tiny change purse in your pocket or purse with your set coffee money and only use this.

I had a $10 Starbucks card one week and in two days it was gone because I had splurged on a few lattes and a snack. I couldn't believe it. If you bring your own mug in, you get a 10 cent discount with them.

If this is much too complicated for your liking, purchase one of those Big Sky Bistro Coffee Presses (google it and you'll see where you can get one, Amazon sells them) and bring your own ground coffee to work/school. All you need is boiled water. The press is your mug as well. Great invention!

By Lisa from Halifax, NS

I think pressed coffee is the best coffee ever.

I just got some Costa Rican coffee and man it was the best I ever tasted!

why go out>?

When I go to coffee take out, I skip the latte's and fancy drinks and just order coffee. You can usually still get a cup of regular coffee for under $2. - cream and sugar are free and if you like flavors, you can usually get a flavor shot for around 50 cents, or sometimes places have flavored creames and powders for free if you go inside and fix the cup yourself!

Another way to save is to buy a special commuter cup and some nice coffee beans and a grinder if you dont have one, and brew your own special cup!

I like to travel, be it long trips or short jaunts. And I like coffee. In the past I have purchased coffee on the road and I never really was impressed with it. I solved my problem by buying a coffee mug that plugs into a cigarette lighter and the "coffee singles", which are like tea bags. I make my own, costs a LOT less, and it certainly tastes better. I carry a gallon of drinking water, and a small plastic jar of low fat creamer. Fresh and tasty coffee anytime, anyplace!

The International Delight Iced Coffees are so good. They come in Mocha, Vanilla, and Original flavors. I pay $3.98 for a 1/2 gallon at Wal-Mart. So for at least a week I have an iced coffee every morning for less than the price of 1 iced coffee from McD's or Sonic.

Roasted Coffee Beans
Saving Money on Coffee
Better Living Frugal Living TipsApril 28, 2008
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Saigon Style
Making Vietnamese Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)
🎉
🎄