Artichoke Birthday Cake

I never make birthday cakes for my sons. I observe very well what their favorite food is pre birthday, and I turn the concept into a birthday cake. However, this time, my mother in law baked a marble cake for my son's birthday that was almost about to ruin my creative juices for an "artichoke" birthday concept, having observed my son's addiction to this thorny vegetable. However, being the positive person I am, I created a birthday cake that made my mother in law, my son and myself truly happy. Never celebrate with a birthday cake. Always create something out of other foods that your beloved ones love to eat. Everybody makes birthday cakes. But the memory of blowing candles on a lasagna cake never fades.

By Mae from Washington, DC

Very cute - and definitely original! God bless you!

It certainly a novel idea And probably good if you start with young children. My son's favorite food was banana. Even that would be a challenge for me. However, I must say if I tried that now my family would definitely have me committed.(just a joke), but everyone IS very "proper" here. Pam in RI

Beautiful and unusual. Made me laugh remembering that for my 40th birthday the 'cake" my family gave me was a huge hamburger (home made) inside a big, round, loaf of bread!

Never figured out why.. but I certainly remember it!

Thanks a lot for your encouraging comments .... we all like original ideas now and then, and there's nothing more boring than monotony .... it's fun to dare and be different not for the sake of being different, but for the sake of keeping one's brain alive ....

thanks again for taking the time to comment ...

i'll be posting more photos once i get through with my root canal (s) ...

all the best ..

My son, now 21 :), has never liked birthday cake so we always got a huge tub of vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt and stuck candles in it! Had a couple liters of root beer waiting for making root beer floats too :-D

Photos FoodJune 25, 2007
Pesto Pizza Recipes
Pesto Pizza Recipes
Artichoke Sliced in Half
Artichoke Dip Recipes
Birthday Cake
Birthday Cake Ideas
Sunchoke
Jerusalem Artichoke (Sunchoke) Recipes
🎉
🎄