Growing an Easter Lily Indoors

I received an Easter lily as a present. I have looked for information on how to care for it indoors, but I keep seeing that after some time they have to be planted outside. I currently don't have any space to plant outside. How can I keep the Easter lily alive and well while keeping it inside in a pot?

By Isaura from Charleston, WV

One important note-- these are highly poisonous to cats (not sure about dogs). Many people don't know that so I thought I'd pass it along. Here's a link on lily care:

My easter lily was given to me as a present. I live in an apartment how can I keep my easter lily alive indoors

Easter Lilies
Caring for Potted Easter Lilies
Home and Garden Gardening BulbsApril 9, 2010
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Alstroemeria Flowers
Growing Alstroemeria
White Rain Lily
Growing Rain Lily (Fairy Lily)