Sweet Freezer Pickles

My daughter is reaping daily harvests of garden cucumbers and wanted to know if I had any yummy, easy recipes that has me looking in my recipe boxes for simple, delicious cucumber solutions. I decided to also share them with the great readers out there.

This is not your typical pickle recipe. No special equipment or ingredients are needed. This recipe produces a crisp, sweet pickle that goes well in salads, on sandwiches or as a side. The secret to the crisp texture is the sugar, so do not reduce the sugar in the recipe. This recipe works well with slicing, pickling, seedless and hothouse cucumbers.

• 2 quarts cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced (use any variety of cucumber)
  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon salt (table salt, canning salt or kosher salt can be used)
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar

Mix cucumbers, onions and salt in a large bowl, and cover with plastic wrap... Set the bowl on the counter for 2 hours. Pour into a colander and drain water from cucumber mixture. Combine sugar and vinegar. Stir well and pour over cucumbers. Pack into freezer containers or zip-closure bags. Freeze immediately. Pickles will be ready to eat in 3 or 4 days. They will keep in the freezer for up to 1 year.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

Thank You for sharing this. My family loves pickles and I dont make them cause I dont have the canning supplies. This is so easy and sound delicious.

Sounds good, but I am wondering if peel can be left on? Thank You

Sweet Pickles on White Background
Sweet Pickle Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesJuly 25, 2006
Making Homemade Pickles
Making Homemade Pickles
Dill Pickles
Recipes Using Pickles
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
Sunshine Dill Pickles
Making Sunshine Dill Pickles