How Do I Make Sweet Cucumber Pickles?

Does any one know the recipe for tongue pickles (my gram called them)? I have also heard them called sweet cucumber pickles. These pickles are made from over ripe cucumbers, you scoop the seeds out let them set over night in salt water. I have moved and lost my pickle recipes and my cucumbers are all coming fast.

By Tina Louise Labor from South Ryegate, VT

My Mom makes bread and butter sweet pickles with the over ripe cucumbers. It has onions and sugar and a bunck of spices you could probably do an internet search for it.

"Balls" has an envelop pkg for bread & butter (sweet) pickles that is very simple; can be refrigerated or canned. I have used t he sweet pickle bread & butter recipe from the Ball Blue Book of canning which is simple also. I will post recipe tomorrow night for you. Check back late Saturday to be sure.

I use to make ripe cucumber pickles, but I can't find my recipe. Go to the recipe zaar type in ripe cucumber pickles and I think you will find a recipe. Good luck.

Food and Recipes Canning Condiments & SaucesAugust 2, 2010
🎉
🎄