Removing Odor from a Coffee Pot - Categories:

AdviceCleaning

Removing Odor from a Coffee Pot

I have a Cuisinart coffee maker that I no longer use. I would like to use the thermal pot as it is still good for keeping soup hot etc., but I cannot get the coffee smell out of it. Does anyone have any ideas? I already tried CLR and soda and vinegar. All to no avail. All input appreciated.

Orva from Toronto, Canada

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

You can use a small amount of bleach and fill with water to remove coffee & tea stains...BE SURE TO CLEAN THE POT WITH SOAP & WATER ,Then use the Baking soda & Vinegar again.Then soap & water again & rinse well. It should be clean and not smell anymore.Good Luck, GG Vi

GOod old stand by for cleaning coffee pots, including the aluminim ones of yesteryear---KOOLAID. Bring to boil your favorite non staining color (lemonade, orange, limeade) and it cleans right up. Or the vinegar is the next one. Koolaid cleans up car parts too very well the same way. Also batteries in the car can be cleaned with it. NEVER GAVE MY KIDS KOOLAID, too precious of teeth in their mouths!

Put a batch of chili in it, it will remove the odor and you won't notice it in the chili. Hmm, secret ingredient at the next chili cookoff?

I would give baking soda a try, as suggested. If you have used baking soda and vinegar together, you have only put salt water in it, and that won't do anything. And if CLR hasn't worked, vinegar by itself is unlikely to do anything as they are both acids, only CLR is much stronger.

June 1, 2012 Flag

How can I clean an aluminum coffee pot (hob type). The inside has coffee stains and it smells awful.

By Val.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Run vinegar through the cycle.

February 1, 2009 Flag

I have an old Cuisinart coffee pot that I no longer use but the cover and around the lid is quite badly stained with coffee. It is a thermal pot and I would like to use it for taking cold or hot drinks out to the children's sports games but I have no idea how to remove the stains or to get the coffee smell out of the pot. Any ideas greatly appreciated

Orva from Toronto, Canada

Answers:

Removing Odor from a Coffee Pot

Fill the pot with hot water and drop about 6 denture cleaning tablets in. Let sit overnight. You may have to do this more than once and the lid may need to be done separately in a bowl. Cheap, generic tablets will work. The denture tablets will work on tea pitchers and flower vases, too. (08/15/2008)

By perfume and powder

Removing Odor from a Coffee Pot

There are also 2 other options that work. For the smell, the easiest is to leave vinegar in it or vinegar and water overnight. Another sure-fire fix is hydrogen peroxide. Peroxide removes ORGANIC stains and odors with oxygen. If it will remove blood that's sat and dried for a week, it may also remove coffee stains too!

But I sure do love perfume and powder's idea about the denture tablets! If you have some around, I'd give them a try as I know you can use them to clean coffee pots. (08/15/2008)

By Cyinda

Removing Odor from a Coffee Pot

Bicarb will help get rid of most stains and smells. Fill with warm water and add a good amount of bicarb and soak. After while, empty pot, put dry bicarb onto a damp cloth and wipe away any last remaining stains. Rinse and wipe dry. To prevent odours returning sprinkle bicarb in the bottom of the pot whilst being stored. Tip out bicarb and rinse before use. (08/26/2008)

By patsand31

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 1, 2009
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
rinsing out a coffee pot with hot water
Cleaning a Coffee Pot
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 12:11:43 AM on 10.0.1.157 in 858 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.