Scotch Tape Removed Color From Leather Couch

I removed a piece of scotch tape from a leather sofa, it took the color off where the tape was. How do I return the brown shade to the area where the tape was?

You can try shoe polish or leather dye. You might even call up a shoe/leather repair shop and ask their advice.

I had a cat that used my leather sofa as a scratching post when I was out. It's claws would bring forward the light 'suede' of the underside of the leather. It would protrude in jillions of little 'strings'. I 'shaved' them off with a sweater shaver and used black shoe polish to dye them and spiffy up the bottom of the sofa. Worked like a charm. Good luck on your project.

It's likely the colour was not removed, it is probablly the 'glue' from the tape that is making it look discoloured. Wash the area with a mild detergent and water and then rub with the inside of a banana peel to buff the leather back to it's original luster. I've used this on everything from 'bug guts on hubby's motorcycle gear to purses and shoes. It works everytime.

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasJuly 21, 2008
Scotch Tape in Blue Dispenser
Uses for Scotch Tape
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather