Scotch Tape Removed Color From Leather Couch

I removed a piece of scotch tape from a leather sofa, it took the color off where the tape was. How do I return the brown shade to the area where the tape was?

klh

You can try shoe polish or leather dye. You might even call up a shoe/leather repair shop and ask their advice.

I had a cat that used my leather sofa as a scratching post when I was out. It's claws would bring forward the light 'suede' of the underside of the leather. It would protrude in jillions of little 'strings'. I 'shaved' them off with a sweater shaver and used black shoe polish to dye them and spiffy up the bottom of the sofa. Worked like a charm. Good luck on your project.

It's likely the colour was not removed, it is probablly the 'glue' from the tape that is making it look discoloured. Wash the area with a mild detergent and water and then rub with the inside of a banana peel to buff the leather back to it's original luster. I've used this on everything from 'bug guts on hubby's motorcycle gear to purses and shoes. It works everytime.

~PHH

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasJuly 21, 2008
Scotch Tape in Blue Dispenser
Uses for Scotch Tape
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 9:13:25 PM on 10.0.1.246 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.