Removing Tape From Windows

Have you ever had unwanted tape left over on windows and glass surfaces? Spread a thin portion of smooth peanut butter on the taped area. Wait 2-3 hours and use a putty blade or any any flat somewhat sharp tool. Gently scrape at the area and see the magic of it sliding right off. Then clean window with a vinegar and water solution and paper towels. Voila! You are tape free.

By Javamom77 from Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Great idea! Beats trying to scrape it off.

To keep that from happening again, try to get the tape off before the sun hits the glass. It will come off much easier. I grew up in the South, and at that time, part of preparing for hurricanes was to tape the windows.

Wipe it with rubbing alcohol then use a razor blade scraper to get it off. I do this to remove price stickers from pictures and mirrors. It works great!

October 27, 2006 Flag

I was painting my french doors the other day and i used tape and now i can not remove the tape from the window. Any ideas?

Removing Tape From Windows After Painting

I did this one time too. I went to a hardware store (or you can go to wal-mart) and buy and smal $2.00 scraper. It has a razor blade in it and won't scratch your windows. it is the easiest way. Otherwise you'll have to spray with window cleaner and let it soak and then scrape it off with a metal spatula. Hope everything turns out ok. (03/31/2005)

By fritzbaby2000

I use "GOO-GONE" (Wal-mart, it's basically orange oil) $3.00 for anything sticky or dried on. Gum, stickers, duck tape etc. I have a four year old so I;m always removing something, crayon, etc. (03/31/2005)

By canuckmom

Use a razor blade. (03/31/2005)

By Twinsand2more

Use WD40. Peel off as much as you can and then spray with WD40. This works to remove any kind of adhesive from surfaces. Sometimes you have to spray more than once, but it works. Once the adhesive is removed, clean surface as usual.I learned this when in the furniture business. Hope this helps. (03/31/2005)

By quacky1297

Try use a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive on the tape. I found it makes it easier to remove. (03/31/2005)

By Pat

Heat the tape with a hair dryer and then scrape it of with a razor blade. This is the easiest way in my experience. Give it a try. (04/01/2005)

By BrownElle

Tape on windows.
Cleaning Tape Off Windows
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsJune 18, 2010
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops