Help Breeding Zebra Finches

I had to take my male zebra finch out of the cage while the female was laying eggs, because she was fighting with him. Now the babies are hatching and I want to know if I should put him in again.

By bird lover from ME

It may be that the female is still young and isn't into the nest/egg frame of mind yet. I would remove the ivy from the cage as it may be poisonous to them.

When I had my zebras, I went to this site a lot for advice. They were very nice and very helpful.

http://www.zebrafinch-society.org/ Good luck!

Make sure you have plenty of room. Your cage is going to get crowded.

Trade some young birds to promote genetic variety.

A calcium source and lots of good food should help divert his attention. Don't rush the reintroduction. She has her own agenda until she notices that he is really cute and then it will start all over again.

Pair of Zebra Finches on Perch
Breeding Zebra Finches
Pets BirdsSeptember 28, 2009
Two male zebra finches.
Distinguishing Between Male and Female Zebra Finches
Fledgling Beige Bengalese
Breeding Society Finches
Three zebra finches sitting on a branch in a cage.
Introducing a New Zebra Finch into the Cage
Bengalese Finches
Breeding Bengalese Finches
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 8:33:58 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.