Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I have a small kitchen that has two walls with pictures that have bright blue, some bright yellow, and a little bright green in them. I have a dark green counter, not too much of a counter and a light green and white back splash. I have a window and then white cabinets. I have a white round table with black chairs and a black and silver ceiling fan. My floor is white with some black and gray in it. Any suggestions on a new paint color for my walls would be greatly appreciated!

By Glenda from Philadelphia, PA

I'd go with white walls as it will make your kitchen bright and seem larger. This would be a nice contrast to your counter. I'm fond of the clean look the white gives in a kitchen.

When picking up paint chips take at least 4 of each color. I wanted red on a wall and although the color was in my head, matching it was something else. I picked up 4 different shades of red. I'd group 4 of one shade and tape them to the wall and leave them for a few days, then try another shade. None worked. The chips I'd picked up were under flouresent lighting and my house has incandescent so you need to keep that in mind as well.

If the room is small, I would suggest using a matching green to the splash. You have a lot of color for a small room. A black and bright green border around the ceiling would coordinate and tie things together. A large amount of one color might make the room seem larger.

Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMarch 25, 2011
Gallon paint cans with several different colors and had holding paint color sample strips
Kitchen Paint Color Advice for Dark Green Counter Tops
Group of people holding painting supplies and samples in a white kitchen
What Color Should I Paint My Kitchen Walls?
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice