Ideas For Leftover Patches

My daughter was cleaning her closet and found a huge bag of patches she earned from soccer, swimming and girl scouts. Any craft ideas to make for a keepsake?

Carol

Make a quilt! My mother-in-law took a bunch of my husband's favorite old t-shirts that he got from camps and concerts and made them into a quilt. You could actually buy a ready-made quilt and just sew the patches on the squares.

Hi, My husband collects patches when we go on holiday - I sew them onto his rucksack - I know its not a traditional keepsake item, but he likes it, and when its worn out he'll still keep it at a memento of all his holidays! Either that, or I'll cut them off again and put them all in a frame.

Another idea would be to use them as coasters - they could be set into clear resin so that its a nice wipeable smooth surface and then put felt or rubber on the bottom for non-scratch and non-slip. They'd be totally unique and practical too!

My Daughters and myself have sewn patches on grey blankets. We call them our fire blankets.They are often taken out to wrap ourselves up in while watching TV or around a campfire while camping. The patches all have meaning for us so it feels like we are wrapped in our memories when we use them.

Hi I am Mackenzie and I am 11... Me and my 9 year old sister danced for (me 8yrs & her 6). These past few years we were on dance competition teams (me for two years & her for one). We had about 10 comp. a year. My mom bought us each a patch every comp. and was going to make denim quilts and sew the patches on for us to take to college... We cannot do this anymore (because of finacial reasons and because my parents got a divorce) we had to stop dancing.

Mackenzie

I think finding a nice piece of matt board and attaching ea patch to it and then frame it.

I like Mackenzie's and Brynna's idea of a quilt, and I think denim would look great.

can not make a quilt? Can you sew them onto a blanket or sheet ? and use a sheet for the backing. put snaps on the bottom and have a cover for any blanket or if not enough badges for that sew them onto a pillowcase and use them for a pillow sham

My son had several patches from scouts and bowling when he was younger. I made pillows out of denim and covered the fronts with the colorful patches. They sat on his bed and looked great with the denim quilts I made from his old jeans. They lasted him throughout his childhood and college, and he is still using the quilts now that he's in grad school; denim wears like iron.

Crafts MiscellaneousJuly 27, 2007
A patch of brown in the middle of a green lawn.
Preventing Brown Patches in Lawn
stitched flowers on jeans patch
Making Iron-On Patches
American Flag on White Taekwondo Uniform
Sewing Patches on Clothing
Iron-On Patch
Removing Iron-On Labels and Patches
🎄