Use a Nut Cracker to Open 2 Liter Bottles

My sister gave me this useful tip. We sometimes have a hard time opening 2 liter bottles. To remedy that, we use a nut cracker. You know the kind that usually comes with the picks? It is just right to go around the lid of the bottle and, in a flash, the bottle is open. We like the idea so much that we are getting one to go in each of our cars in the glove box. I don't know of anyone that has not had trouble opening a bottle on a trip. I have one in my bedroom also where I drink soda sometimes. We use it for other bottles that the nut cracker will fit. The grooves in the nut cracker grip onto the lid of bottle we are opening.

By Glitz from Dallas, TX

Since I retired, I have taken up painting. I keep a nutcracker in with my oil paints for tubes of paints with stuck on caps.

Did you know you can also use the entry door to your house to open stubborn lids on jars? Open your door wide enough to accommodate the jar lid. SLOWLY begin closing your door. The instant you feel the door tighten around the lid, try to open the lid. If you need to tighten the door a little more, do so very slowly. When you feel and see the lid loosen, stop. You'll want to finish unscrewing the lid with your jar upright to avoid any spills.

I had a lot of trouble opening soda bottles after a surgery. I use rubber bands now for the stubborn ones. Just wrap a band around the top cap of the bottle and twist. Works great! I use it at work instead of bugging one of the guys and I keep a band handy in the car for the same purpose.

I've been doing this for many years, but please, be careful how you twist! I had my arm or hand in the wrong position & tore something in my shoulder that led to surgery & lots of misery! I'm very careful now when I unscrew or tighten those pesky bottle tops.