Painting a Small Room

I have a really small room, about 2 x 2.5 meters (American's think yards), and I have a bed and a desk in it. I also have one really small window and in a few weeks I am going to get a big closet. And I have green carpet, so i was wondering should i paint my walls to light blue and paint my closet to dark blue (my favorite colors)? Is my room going to be too colorful, you know too many different colors? And is it going to make it look bigger?

Help please,

I don't know much about the color scheme, but I can tell you that if you add a big mirror on one (or more!) of your walls, it can really make your room look bigger. Good luck!

thanx..i'll try...

If you paint with light colors your room will seem bigger than it is like light blue instead of dark blue. Its the same as if you have a really big room and not much to fill it and you want it to look smaller you would paint it a dark color. And the idea about mirror(s) on the wall(s) is a great idea and it will definately make the room seem larger.

guys, black and white are really good colours for small rooms, and althouhgh you may think black will darken the room, it is a very sophisicated colour. just dont go ott!

I live in a small efficiency apt, it's just one room and I put LARGE mirrors up all around. I got mine from people who were remodeling their bathroom and had the left over vanity mirror. They helped open up the room a lot.