Ginger (Boxer/Border Terrier)

After getting my compact camera I was sort of fascinated with all the different picture modes and had decided to experiment with some evening shots.

Ginger was standing on the picnic table and I walked up to her and told her to grab my nose which is a game that only she and I play. I didn't expect her to move so fast and started to laugh as I actually took this picture of us.

By CaroleeRose

Wow ow! Just kidding, I can see that Ginger is a gentle giant.

Oh, that is so funny, CaroleeRose.

Our pets do perform when least expected sometimes, don't they? If we want them to do something, they so often do it, when the spirit moves them, not necessarily when we tell them to. I can tell our Sir Catty-Kit to get up on his stool and if he wants to get brushed, he does it. If he's not in the mood to be brushed, he'll do as he pleases. Ginger is a cutie-pie and I'm happy to see the two of you interacting. It's obvious she loves you very much, and vice versa.

Thank you for sharing her with us.

Very cute!

That's an adorable photo. Thanks for sharing.

September 30, 2011 Flag

While changing the batteries in my camera I noticed my husband trying to get our Ginger to howl. Ginger howls when she's happy and it seemed like they were having a very private conversation.

They eventually were howling in perfect harmony and I was able to capture the moment. It didn't last long, my husband howled at her for two or three minutes before Ginger couldn't stand it anymore and howled back at him.

We adopted Ginger off of Petfinder several years ago and she will be celebrating her 8th birthday this coming December. She's one of three dogs and she's a Boxer / Border Terrier mix. She is sweet and gentle girl who lets me know exactly what she wants when she wants it.

She's one of those dogs that drools upon the sight of a cookie and will basically eat anything I eat. My husband loves lima beans and for the life of me I can't even swallow one.

One night after supper he saved her some Lima Beans off of his plate and she spit them back out. I guess she takes after me more than I thought.

By CaroleeRose from Madison, AL

Man and Dog Singing Together

I can't decide who looks sweeter, the dog or the man. Ü

This story reminds me of the scene in Moonstruck when the man walking his dogs howls at the moon along with them! How nice that your husband plays with Ginger that way, & how nice that you captured that on film. You ought to get a video of it with sound!

I know what you mean about lima beans - I'm the same way, with any kind of beans or peas. I think your dog was very smart to spit them out! LOL!

Boxer Mix
Boxer Mix Photos
Pets Pet PagesAugust 31, 2010
Freezing Ginger
Ginger Tea Recipes
Ginger Tea Recipes
Making Ginger Beer
Making Ginger Beer
Border Collie
Border Collie Breed Information and Photos