Getting Chores Done

Some chores I really don't like to do, but they have to be done so I break them into small chunks and then intersperse with something I do like to do. For example, if I have yet to clean off and disinfect all the kitchen counter tops after baking and doing the dishes, I get a book I am reading before I begin. I spray one countertop, read two pages, then wipe down the counter top thoroughly, replace whatever items I had to move in the process and then spray another, before going back to reading another two pages, and so on. Before I know it, the counter tops are cleaned and I haven't minded the task because I was engrossed in doing something I wanted to do, too.

By Ronsan from Southwest Missouri

fly lady . net is a great website.

put all the letter together and that is the address.

but it is encourageing me to organize and clean my house.

In November I started putting dvds on hold at the library, so I'm constantly with plenty. I then carry the portable dvd player with me in the room I'm cleaning. Sometimes, like washing dishes, I'm making too much noise to hear every word, but it still makes chores lots of fun. I sometimes even bring it in the bathroom while curling my hair, which can take up to 20 minutes on bad hair days. Exercising is much more fun too! I never do this when my husband or children are home, but being alone can be awfully quiet.

Sweetie...you must REALLY hate this chore to be willing to draaagggg it out like that...it would drive me crazy...just DO IT as Nike says and get it over with!!!

But, at least you do it...which is more than I can say for most of the young women these days!!

I do the a similar thing with books on tape. I put the tape in a portable player that I can listen to while i do my chores, excercises, etc.

I'm a stay at home 26 y/o mother of 2 kids under 2 and sometimes chores just have to take a back seat to more important things like raising children .. Often times the dusting doesn't get done or the laundry isn't folded before it's worn .. but my kids are happy and that matters more than a spotless house. My house is never filthy and I would never be ashamed to have someone stop by, but it's not a show home where my kids are afraid to get anything dirty.

I can't imagine how this could possibly work, especially as I'm a fast reader and would finish two pages after 1 minute of sitting / lying down. It'd drive me crazy jumping up again so soon. My method is to do a 10 minute job, then read 1/2 an hour. Then do another job, and so on. The pleasurable stuff far outweighs the negative, and your chores are done.

MAKE A LIST, DO A FEW JOBS,TAKE A BREAK AND DO A FEW MORE

OR IF IT'S A SHORT LIST OF CHORES, JUST TACKLE THEM AND GET THEM OUT OF THE WAY. IF I TRIED TO READ A FEW PAGES AT A TIME I WOULDN'T WANT TO PUT THE BOOK DOWN AND START MORE CHORES UNTIL THE BOOK WAS FINISHED ( I TOO AM A FAST READER)

Sticky Notes With Chores on Board
Organizing Chores
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 24, 2006
An adult and a child using dusting clothes.
Getting Kids to Help With Chores
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Centaur Costume
Making a Chore Chart for Children
Making a Chore Chart for Children
A woman getting dental work done.
Getting Dental Work Done Without Insurance
🎄