Earning Money Online

I saw the "Auctions for Income" infomercial the other night. It looked interesting, but I am always skeptical about infomercials. I did a quick search via Google and the majority of the sites that popped up on the first page of results basically yelled "SCAM!" in just as many words.

As mentioned there is a way to make money via eBay, but you need a product people want that everyone else isn't selling. My advise to anyone interested in doing something like this is to consider items that can be used on multiple sites.

For example, I go to yard sales, flea markets, Goodwill, and pawn shops and buy DVDs. Usually the more I buy, the cheaper I can get the product. I verify every disc is in like new condition before I make my offer.

I list my items first on Amazon. Items that either don't have a listing or are selling for pennies on Amazon, I try to list on another site.

On this other site, you trade DVDs (you pay for shipping when someone asks for one of your DVDs). As you mail DVDs you get to request DVDs. About once a week I go through the recently posted DVDs and see if any are going for big bucks on Amazon. If they are I request them and when they show up I list them on Amazon.

For the DVDs that I can't put on Amazon or aren't listable on the trading site, I post them on eBay. If they sell, great. If they don't, I can always have my own yard sale when the summer comes back around.

It takes a bit of organization and attention to detail, but it works.

For example, last month I was at a pawn shop in a town I only get to on occasion. I stopped there as an after thought. They were packed with DVDs. I bought 180 DVDs at .70 cents each - roughly $125. In the first week I sold 10 and made $73, more than half of what I paid.

You won't be a millionaire anytime soon, but it will keep you busy and you make some money. The added benefit is if this is something you enjoy - I love it :)

And just as another note for success: when I start listing DVDs on Amazon, I double check their condition. I only post DVDs in "Like New or Very Good" condition (usually I only post "Very Good" DVDs when there are few of them for sale and they appear hard to get). I also check the DVDs when I have an order and pack them for shipment. Reputation I believe is vey important to many people who shop online, and my profile only brags about the quality of what I sell (selling more in the long run). And when I slip the paper of the order in the package I always include a note: I thank them for the order and I ask them to go back to Amazon and leave feedback.

If this sounds like something you are interested in you can do the same thing with paperback books and CDs. I am sure there are other things as well, but I'm having fun with what I am doing so I haven't looked for anything else

Second note to success: the lowest price I sell something covers my costs and makes me a dollar. Costs include the packing materials, postage, and the gas to get to and from the post office. So these three things plus one dollar is my minimum price for a product. That's just good business.

Have fun, meet people and make some money. Or as they say in the races "Ready, Set, GO!"

By suntydt from Tazewell, TN

Answers

Your essay is really worthy. Thank you for all the useful ideas. Super! Now more than ever, we need these boosts to thrust us over the top. Some of us are surviving; we must thrive! Thank you.

A woman with money flying out of her smartphone.
Earning Money Online
Budget & Finance Making Money Work From HomeFebruary 22, 2011
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online
Computer Mouse and Survey
Earning Income for Online Surveys
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
🎄
🍂