When Should You Add Fabric Softener?

When using fabric softener, is it best to use only on the rinse cycle? Can the fabric softener be added at the same time as the laundry soap? Thank you.

By Theresa from Phoenix, AZ

Add your fabric softener during the rinse cycle only. I no longer spend money on fabric softener. I now use 1/2 cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle. It softens the clothes the same way.

I do not use anything to soften clothes, they come out of the dryer soft. Fabric softener makes me itch. Good luck.

I, too use vinegar in the rinse cycle. It not only softens the clothes but it helps get rid of the soap buildup in the washing machine I'm told.

Sorry to be so negative here, but I am speaking from personal experience. i ran out of fabric softener and used vinegar instead. Well, my clothes came out hard, as I've always line dried, and they stunk something dreadful! With fabric softener, even if my laundry has been out in the sun for a couple of hours, they still are soft and nice smelling. Maybe if you use a dryer things are different, but I can certainly tell you that if you line dry your clothes, do NOT use vinegar.

You can buy a little plastic ball made for fabric softener. You pour the softener in the ball & put the plug in place & throw it in with you clothes at the beginning of the wash. The plug comes out sometime during the rinse-that way you don't have to worry about catching the rinse cycle if you don't have a cup in your machine for softener. I tried vinegar several times, but even with 1cup, my stuff was coming out of the dryer full of static electricity - anybody got any ideas on how to fix that?

I haven't used fabric softener-sheets or liquid-since trying bio-friendly laundry powder (I use Country Save, available @ London Drugs in SK, CA).

Does this help with sratic? I don't need clothes "softer", I had been using FS for anti-static. For example, vinegar does not do anything for static. Thanks!

Using Liquid Fabric Softener
Using Liquid Fabric Softener
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryApril 6, 2010
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
🎉
🎄