Cold Vegetable Tomato Soup
This is an ideal recipe for summer!
- 4 cups of tomato juice divided
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 1 medium size green pepper, chopped in large pieces
- 1 medium size red pepper, cut in four pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups cubed bread with crust removed
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper
- salt, to taste
- In a blender, cover and process a cup of tomato juice with half of the tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onion, thyme, and garlic until chopped. Pour in a large bowl or container. Repeat.
- Place vinegar and remaining juice in the blender. Add the bread; cover and process until smooth. Add to the vegetable mixture; stir in oil , pepper, and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Garnish with sour cream, croutons, and parsley (optional).
By Raymonde from North Bay, Ontario
July 30, 20080 found this helpful
Also known as Gazpacho! Good stuff!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 23, 2016 at 1:06:06 PM on 10.0.1.101 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us