Wine Bottle Lights

I am looking for directions with illustrations to make these for gifts. I do not want to cut the wine bottle.

Thanks,
Joanne from Northbridge, MA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

We made these by putting the lights inside the bottle with the plug hanging out the top. Take the wine cork and cut a V out of the cork so that the plug cord can come out the top with the cork in the bottle. Usually these lights are placed on a counter close to a plug, so it works great and no drilling of glass!

Every Christmas I fill a gallon glass jar with Christmas balls, tinsel and a string of tiny Christmas lights. Then I stuff some green wrapping paper in the top and plug in the lights.

Here's a wine bottle version for you:

How do you fasten the "garnishes" to the bottle without the stems, etc showing?

Instead of having the cord come out the top of the bottle, I drill a 5/8" hole in the back near the bottom.

It is a simple task with a good diamond drill bit.

http://www.amer  Drill-Bits.shtml

Here is another link to a How-To page that has lots of glass drilling tips:

http://www.amer  rill-Glass.shtml

I've made hundreds of different bottle lights and glass block lights over the years. They are very simple projects if you have the right drill bit.

Crafts Glass ArtJuly 7, 2007
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:05:29 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.