Mushroom-Egg Brunch Casserole

• 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/2 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 can mushrooms, drained
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 dozen eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • Ad
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 3/4 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper

Saute' onion, green pepper and mushrooms in butter and remove from pan. Beat eggs until frothy and add milk. Scramble in pan with onion, pepper and mushrooms but allow to remain very moist. Stir in soup, cheese, cubes, salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients together and pour into butter 9x13 casserole. Bake at 225 degrees F uncovered about 45 minutes. May be prepared a day in advance and then heated at the last minute.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Hi this is a wonderful comfort food. I am going to make it. I have to watch my health. I am going to

make a few changes. Instead of canned mushrooms

I will get fresh. I will replace the cream of chicken soup with chicken broth and replace egg whites with the eggs. I also cut the recipe in half to make the serving sizes a bit smaller. I use skim milk to replace the cream as well. Thanks for the tasty quick meal.

If you want to make it even less fattening use mozzarella cheese instead too. Good luck

A savory egg and sausage casserole topped with tomatoes.
Egg Casserole Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes BrunchOctober 2, 2007
Baked Egg in Casserole Dish
Baked Egg Recipes
Making Mushroom Powder
Making Mushroom Powder
broth based mushroom soup
Mushroom Soup Recipes
Canape with Egg and Vegetables
Easter Brunch Ideas