My Toddler Wet On My Microsuede Sofa

My toddler wet on my microsuede sofa. What's the best way to clean this?

Jennifer from Janesville, WI

I googled it, and this was the best answer I could find. Hope it helps. Remember to ALWAYS spot test in an inconspicuous place.

Microfiber, by its very nature, is stain resistant. As a result, stain products like Scotch Guard or other fabric protection materials are usually unnecessary with this type of sofa. For general cleaning, though, a drop or two of mild detergent, like dish soap or laundry detergent, combined with a bit of water should clean your microfiber sofa in no time. Odors like urine can be easily eliminated by blotting the stain with white vinegar and distilled water, applying baking soda, then vacuuming. For the most part, cleaning will be an easy process if it is true microfiber. Imposter materials, though, may be more difficult to clean.

The majority of microfiber sofas use polyester as the base fabric because it has the ability to absorb color better than other materials. As a result of this chemical process, the color is forced to stay in the fiber, and no other treatments will ever be necessary. It may be necessary to occasionally have your microfiber sofa steam cleaned. It is fairly safe, but a professional cleaning service might not only do the best cleaning job, but also do the best job of protecting your microfiber sofa. Finally, to clean lint from your sofa, a simple lint roller (the kind that is sticky) should be the best option. Vacuuming might help in some cases as well.

We have Microsuede sofas ourselves and they are just not made for having children with them. I am constantly cleaning mine. The best thing I have found is Baby Shampoo. The Furniture store was the one who recommended that idea. It works great. I clean them at least twice a week with them. I also use wet ones to spot clean. You do not want to use any soap with high PH otherwise it can ruin them. Good Luck!

I have bad spots. The cushion sits are removable, can I wash with soap and cold water in the washer, delicate cycle? Looks very bad. Help!

black cat on microsuede chair
Cleaning Stains on Microsuede Furniture
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureNovember 14, 2006
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Cleaning Candle Wax on Microsuede Furniture
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
Micro Suede
Cleaning Oil Stains on Microsuede Furniture
🎄