Cleaning Oil Stains on Microsuede Furniture

Category Stains
Oil stains can be tricky to remove microsuede but there are some techniques that may be effective. This is a guide about cleaning oil stains from microsuede.

How do I remove a stain of castor oil that leaked on my brand new, red, fake suede couch?

By Mona

Answers

Best Answer

If it's just an oil stain, you may be able to use baby powder to remove the oil stain. I use this on leather, on my car seats, and even carpet. It will not fade the sofa or bleach out anything. It absorbs usually on 1st try. If not leave it on for a few minutes, going back to check to see if oil has absorbed. I have read corn meal works also, I however only have used that on carpet. Good luck hopefully one of these two will work for you.

If there is any spot left after absorbing the oil,I would use vinegar and water. Vinegar is great on everything, not bleaching it out. Try powder first, using a cloth in circular motion if needed.

I put some Advantage on my cat while she was sleeping on my micro suede chair and it left an oily spot on it. Does anyone know how to safely remove the spot?

By Kim Garrity from Penetanguishene, Ontario

Answers

You might try using cornstarch. Just let it sit on the stain for quite a while & then vaccum up. It helped me when I had a suede skirt on & sat in some Chinese food at a restaurant. Don't use if the stain is soaking wet.