Cleaning Oil/Grease Stains on Microsuede Furniture

Category Stains
Oil stains can be tricky to remove microsuede but there are some techniques that may be effective. This is a guide about cleaning oil/grease stains on microsuede furniture.

How do I remove car grease from the arm of a microfiber chair?

Answers

Best Answer

Microfiber is great until it gets stained.

First I would try to soak up the grease by transfering it to a white paper towel or rag. Just setting the towel/rag on the spot. Don't smoosh it around.

Once you have it so it doesn't bleed, then try just a few drops of plain Dawn dish soap on a clean white rag (NOT paper in this case as you are going to smoosh it around a little). Gently massage the Dawn into the stain and hopefully if it is not too intense a stain, it will wick up into the rag.

it make take several treatments.

Best Answer

Do you know what type of cleaning is recommended for the microfiber on your chair? There is more than one type and some cannot be cleaned with water, so you should check the labels on the underside of your chair to see if there are instructions for the type of cleaning solutions to use.

I use rubbing alcohol on a small chair that I have and it works great so maybe this would work on your chair also.

Here is a link that has some useful information about cleaning microfiber.

www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/clean-your-microfiber-couch-safe...

Best Answer

A few years back I bought a used dining set a the chairs were microfiber. Two of the head rests had greases from hands and heads ground into them. The Best way I have found to clean microfiber upholstery and I have a lot of it is to....

Step 1
Do a colorfast test on a small area.

Step 2
Dampen area to be cleaned with a white cloth try to wipe up as much as you can with the cloth.

Step 3
Spray with rubbing alcohol until wet try to blot/wipe up as much of dirt/grease as you can(do not scrub).

Step 4
Once you have removed as much of dirty area as you can, allow to air dry.

Step 5
Wipe again with damp clean cloth to remove any left over residue(I went over really bad headrests with my carpet spot machine).

Step 6
Once dry area will feel hard to touch, try Using a soft scrub brush to lightly brush area to soften back up.

My chairs are a very pale grey color & my couch is cream. Even with my cats and Rottweiler who love to lay on them stay looking brand new cleaning this way! GOOD LUCK!

How do I remove a stain of castor oil that leaked on my brand new, red, fake suede couch?

By Mona

Answers

Best Answer

If it's just an oil stain, you may be able to use baby powder to remove the oil stain. I use this on leather, on my car seats, and even carpet. It will not fade the sofa or bleach out anything. It absorbs usually on 1st try. If not leave it on for a few minutes, going back to check to see if oil has absorbed.

I have read corn meal works also, I however only have used that on carpet. Good luck hopefully one of these two will work for you.

If there is any spot left after absorbing the oil,I would use vinegar and water. Vinegar is great on everything, not bleaching it out. Try powder first, using a cloth in circular motion if needed.

I put some Advantage on my cat while she was sleeping on my micro suede chair and it left an oily spot on it. Does anyone know how to safely remove the spot?

By Kim Garrity from Penetanguishene, Ontario

Answers

You might try using cornstarch. Just let it sit on the stain for quite a while & then vaccum up. It helped me when I had a suede skirt on & sat in some Chinese food at a restaurant. Don't use if the stain is soaking wet.

How can I clean a grease spot off of my microfiber sofa?

By Linda Carlsen from New York, NY

I wish to know how to clean grease from a microfiber suede sofa? Thanks for your response.

Answers:

Grease Stain on Microfiber Sofa

Just a week ago or so, I spilled something greasy on my mom's microfiber chair. I immediately ran and got a hot soapy towel and using Dawn soap on it scrubbed it and it came right out. I used just a hot wet towel to get the soap afterwards. When it dried you couldn't see a thing. I don't know if it would work on a dried stain, but it's worth a try. Dawn is good at breaking up grease (as the ads say) so I use it on anything that has oil or grease on it and shouldn't have, even clothes. Hope this helps! (05/30/2009)

By Leitha

Grease Stain on Microfiber Sofa

All grease stains disappear when you use Gojo, the original white cream. Rub it generously on the stain, the surface must be dry. It looks greasy, but don't worry you can wash it all out with soap and water. If the first application doesn't remove the stain you have to wait for the area to dry before the 2nd application. Make sure to blot instead of rubbing so as not to make the stain bigger. (05/30/2009)

By robin

Grease Stain on Microfiber Sofa

My dog snatched a can of bacon grease off the kitchen counter and took it to the sofa to enjoy. She left a big stain. The Dollar Tree sells a product called Totally Awesome. The sofa looks like new and the dog survived for another day. (06/04/2009)

By merlene smith