Keeping Track Of Debit Purchases

I use my debit card for most purchases to save writing checks or carrying too much cash. To make sure I remember to record the transaction, I keep a rubber band around my checkbook and stick the receipt under the band until it's been recorded in the register.

By Barb from Sevierville, TN

Exactly what I do! Thanks for sharing this!

Thanks. I'll use your advice. It's better than having a purse full of little slips of paper.

My computer is my "catchall" for this stuff. I keep the receipts for items I buy with my debit card, of course. On my return home I unload them on my desk and enter them onto a flash drive next time I go online.

I check them off against my monthly statement in case I missed any.

I also check bank accounts often on line. So very convenient.

I save lots of time and money and aggravation paying my bills online too. Seems almost too good to be true.

Nobody can steal credit card bills from my mailbox since they arrive online.

I like to just carry a little business card case into the store, with my driver's license, credit & debit cards, and other essentials like AAA card and medical information. I haul around a tote bag with my checkbook, lipstick, and everything else under the sun, but when I get out of the car I just take in my shopping list and that little card case (that's why I refuse to buy pants without pockets these days!) Then when I get back to the car, I immediately enter the debit into the check register just as if it were a check.

My son is a manager for a credit union. He tells me that people who use debit cards are the ones who have the most overdrafts. Also, he mentioned that they will withdraw $10 at one ATM and then repeat that 3 times during one day instead of taking out $30 all at once. They incur charges for using the ATM three times during one day! Whats up with that? We don't use ATM's that charge us.

Budget & Finance BankingAugust 25, 2006
Saving for a Large Purchase
Saving Money for Large Purchases
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Custom Debit and Credit Card
Ordering Custom Debit and Credit Cards
A stack of credit cards.
Using a Prepaid Debit or Credit Card
🎄